• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dispatches: Behind Enemy Lines"

Collapse

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    In the well endowed regiments of the British army, such as I was in...
    You were in the Pay Corps?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Asymmetric warfare was a great thing when you were able to bomb them from the sky but now it's decidedly underhand when someone leaves a bomb under a bin.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    and do they follow that ? no they do not. e.g. we bomb them from 50,000 feet with stealth bombers, do they bomb us in the same way ?
    The interpretation in this case I believe is that they can also bomb civilian population using their own stealth bombers...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Hence the necessity for the goolie chit.

You don't get to rule a third of the world without figuring that one out.
    RAF Pilots get gold coins, we get gooly chits. Hmmm, go figure!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I don't think it needs to mention what exactly needs to happen to infidels, though there are some words to the effect of "fight them like they fight you".
    and do they follow that ? no they do not.

e.g. we bomb them from 50,000 feet with stealth bombers, do they bomb us in the same way ?

no, they cut our willies off instead

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    B@stards. Why dont we set the pope onto them ? he seems to be capable of doing a lot of damage

The holy hand-grenade of Antioch!

They won't like it up 'em!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    If they were able to capture enough of NATO troops then they'd be doing the same in my view, it wasn't anti-Russian thing, more of anti-infidel kind of thingy, apparently.
    B@stards. Why dont we set the pope onto them ? he seems to be capable of doing a lot of damage

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Where in the Qur'an does it mention that practice then?
    I don't think it needs to mention what exactly needs to happen to infidels, though there are some words to the effect of "fight them like they fight you".

Either way it's not a question for me as I am not an expert on exactly what Koran allows to do to the infidels, and I certainly don't want to find out that...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    If they were able to capture enough of NATO troops then they'd be doing the same in my view, it wasn't anti-Russian thing, more of anti-infidel kind of thingy, apparently.
    Where in القرآن الكريم does it mention that practice then?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It was the treatment of Russians during their occupation of Afghanistan that I was referring to.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Don't the gooley chits work anymore then?

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Mu...nal/gooly.html
    It was the treatment of Russians during their occupation of Afghanistan that I was referring to.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Don't the gooley chits work anymore then?

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Mu...nal/gooly.html
    In the well endowed regiments of the British army, such as I was in, the main danger is that they would cut your head off and stick it in the mouth of yer willy

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    That and the fact that if the Mujis got hold of you they'd cut you dick off, stick it in your mouth and leave your dismembered body to be found by your colleagues?
    You won't shock me by these stories old chap - this has been known to me to happen long time before NATO got into Afghanistan, not just there mind you - Chechnya springs to mind.

To be fair cutting heads of hostages would be more usual thing to expect there.

Knowledge of this helps reduce surrender rate among troops...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Travel insurance was a tad expensive so I did not want to go check it out in person...
    That and the fact that if the Mujis got hold of you they'd cut you dick off, stick it in your mouth and leave your dismembered body to be found by your colleagues?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Are you sure they just milk the goats?
    Travel insurance was a tad expensive so I did not want to go check it out in person...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X