• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Times ahead

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Times ahead"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post

Perhaps the BBC and liberals are right, according to the National Association of Muslim Police the biggest terrorist threat in the UK is not from Islamist terrorists but from right wing white supremacist terrorists like the BNP.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...r-attacks.html

It could be the young man in Suityou's pub could pose a bigger threat to Britain than either Osama Bin Laden or Adolf Hitler.
    It doesn't matter who is right, only who the majority of people think is right.

That was my point.

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    Perhaps the BBC and liberals are right, according to the National Association of Muslim Police the biggest terrorist threat in the UK is not from Islamist terrorists but from right wing white supremacist terrorists like the BNP.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...r-attacks.html

It could be the young man in Suityou's pub could pose a bigger threat to Britain than either Osama Bin Laden or Adolf Hitler.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

.. Outside was a young lad in the smoking quarter waxing lyrical about "reclaiming England"

On speaking to him, he frequently interupted with his 'manifesto'. His argument seemed largley around 'not being afraid to be English'.

:::

Is this indicative of the times ahead?
    Yup. Sounds just like Adolf Hitler doing the same as a young man in Viennese coffee shops in the early 1920s.

Most people are keen to conform, and love to feel their views are in step with the majority. For now, liberals in places like the BBC and teachers in classroom can just about hold the line in claiming that extreme views are a minority.

But those liberals would be stupid to forget that a consensus can change like the weather, if conditions dictate, and most people aren't brave enough or in many cases satisfied enough with the status quo to resist a change even to extreme views, especially as it doesn't all happen at once and each step seems eminently sensible.

An awful lot of young people these days are getting very fed up and disillusioned at being unable to afford a house large enough to bring up a family, or even to find a job, and much of the reason for that is excessive immigration over the last ten years.

Look at how pissed off the public is with MPs expenses. But that's a trifling issue compared with Labour's deliberate gerrymandering policy of letting foreigners in literally by the million solely for their votes, and screwing up the prospects of millions of young people (indigenous and former immigrants) in the process. I'd hate to be around when the penny finally drops.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Yer but, noo but, Hactually I think you'll find some bloke called Norman did a conkwest in 1066 or sumink or nuffink.

HTH
    Eye see your point

subtle innit

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Proportionally the biggest mass migration into England was the Huguenots in the seventeenth century so you can blame King Charles II for opening the floodgates .....
    Yer but, noo but, Hactually I think you'll find some bloke called Norman did a conkwest in 1066 or sumink or nuffink.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Proportionally the biggest mass migration into England was the Huguenots in the seventeenth century so you can blame King Charles II for opening the floodgates .....

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    2 out of 3 ain't bad... I blame the bloody immigrants.

You can get personalised EDL merchandise GJ. Treat yourself.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

There will always be nutters, extremists, crackpots. What keeps me going is thinking these people are in the minority. The majority of us are sane, placid hard working people.
    2 out of 3 ain't bad... I blame the bloody immigrants.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Wasn't the main reason that Labour gave, at least officially, that they contribute to the economy
    However,

The huge increases in migrants over the last decade were partly due to a politically motivated attempt by ministers to radically change the country and "rub the Right's nose in diversity", according to Andrew Neather, a former adviser to Tony Blair, Jack Straw and David Blunkett.

He said Labour's relaxation of controls was a deliberate plan to "open up the UK to mass migration" but that ministers were nervous and reluctant to discuss such a move publicly for fear it would alienate its "core working class vote".
    Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by George Parr View Post
    Ah, the English Defence League. Nothing but a bunch of football hooligan scumbags.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8250017.stm
    Too right.

By the summer there were English Defence League "divisions" run by football supporters in Luton, north London, Bristol, Portsmouth and Southampton, Derby, Cardiff and the West Midlands.
    The 7/7 bombers set off from Luton. Luton is also supposed to be the Al Qaeda head quarters of Europe. Fun huh?

Luton also has a large Muslim community in an area called Bury Park. I like to go down there and eat the grub. Loads and loads of sari shops, greengrocers, restaurants. I'm not being a liberal fence sitter, I do like to go down there. Others don't.

One day I was having a kebab, eating in, and looked on the wall. There was a notice advertising a local meeting to discuss what I can only describe as topics inciting racial hatred. Didn't put me of my kebab though.

There will always be nutters, extremists, crackpots. What keeps me going is thinking these people are in the minority. The majority of us are sane, placid hard working people.

Leave a comment:

• George Parr
    replied
    Found knobheads 'business card'

"Peacefully Protesting Against Militant Islam"

"Its not racist to want a safe country, It's not racist to oppose muslim extremists, It's not racist to be engish but thats how the government make you feel"

"The English Defence League opposes all forms of sharia law"

I have typed this in, as it appears on the business card, punctuation errors, warts and all.

Total bell end.
    Ah, the English Defence League. Nothing but a bunch of football hooligan scumbags.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8250017.stm

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Found knobheads 'business card'

"Peacefully Protesting Against Militant Islam"

"Its not racist to want a safe country, It's not racist to oppose muslim extremists, It's not racist to be engish but thats how the government make you feel"

"The English Defence League opposes all forms of sharia law"

I have typed this in, as it appears on the business card, punctuation errors, warts and all.

Total bell end.

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    Wasn't the main reason that Labour gave, at least officially, that they contribute to the economy -

Migrants are a drain on Britain, says Left think-tank
    Hundreds of thousands of immigrants are a drain on Britain and its economy, says a Left-leaning think-tank. Migrants from many developing nations fail to pay their way, while those from wealthy countries, such as the United States and Australia, provide a boost for the economy. The IPPR report by the found that fewer than half of Britain's 650,000 Somalis, Bangladeshi, Turks and Pakistanis, have jobs and the four communities have the highest levels of benefit dependency. (30.9.07)
    So house prices go up, British working and middle class families delay having children as they both have to work to pay the mortgage thus lowering the "indigenous" birth rate. While those on benefits - free from any financial constraints - are housed and funded by government to maintain an ever increasing birth rate with each subsequent generation consuming 3-5x the benefits total of the one before. Doesn't sound very "sustainable" to me. Along with the public sector pensions this is another timebomb to bankrupt the country regardless of the social cohesion impact.

Don't they want Turkey to join the EU next? Genius.
    Last edited by GreenerGrass; 30 January 2010, 16:59.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Personally I think that this mass immigration that has happened over the past 10 years or so has been uncalled for and I believe the majority of "British" people don't support it. Certainly all the people that I speak to from all walks of life don't agree with it. One of the fundamental problems we have with this country is that we've imported masses of cheap labour to do the jobs that people on the dole should be doing. We should stop this cheap labour coming in and incentivise things by cutting benefits and scrapping tax on low wage earners to get British people back to work. But we have to make sure there are jobs for them to do and that means closing our doors to cheap imported labour.

To do that we have to take control of our borders and that means getting out of Europe as well.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Why is the US Air Force interested? Are they planning to bomb them or something?
    American policy allows the UK (and presumably France) to have nuclear weapons because they do not perceive any situation in which those weapons could be directed at them. If muslim majorities become the norm in Europe then that view would have to be reviewed... and presumably the perceived threat removed or neutralised.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X