• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Narnia

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Narnia"

Collapse

• Chico
    replied
    xog by dodgy's own words will he be condemned. He has stated that he is racist, ageist and sexist in his recruitment and professional life. So it was not an assumption at all.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Sinning sounds good to me. Who in their right mind would not enjoy cheating on their wife?? Bit more chance would be a fine thing. Still no response to my contact site ad for bored ladies in their 50s. I put a very tasteful little pic on it too. I bet that's it. I look so dishy they don't believe the ad is real.

You don't half make a lot of crap assumptions about people you don't know Chico. Why would DA enjoy being sexist and racist at work? Is there anything in his posts to suggest that? Nothing destroys the credibility of an argument more than basing it on unfounded assumptions.

I agree with you on a number of things, such as the Islamic threat, although for totally different reasons. I have to observe your "arguments" rarely have even a hint of any rational foundation.

PS Religious conviction and logical argument are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 17 December 2005, 10:18.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Dodgy we all know that people like you reject the idea of God because you do not want to be told what to do. You enjoy sinning. You enjoy cheating on your wife, you enjoy being racist and sexist at work. It makes you feel powerful and brings meaning to you shallow life. You are in love with yourself and your carnal desires and you are proud of it - and no one is going to tell you what to do. Bear that in mind when you are being held to account for your actions. We will see who will be laughing then.
    Chico we all know that people like you accept the idea of God because you do want to be told what to do. You enjoy being sanctimonious. Maybe You wouldn't like to cheat on your wife, but if Kate Moss asked to shag you you would. Maybe you might be racist and sexist at work- how do you know? It makes you feel powerful and brings meaning to you shallow life. You are in love with yourself and your weak desires and you are proud of it - and no one is going to tell you what to do. Bear that in mind when you die, nothing will happen at all. That will really be the end, my friend.
    Last edited by sasguru; 17 December 2005, 00:14.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Which can be summed up neatly as:

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being." - Carl Jung
    Indeed. Although the more intelligent are honest enough to live without certainty.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Dodgy we all know that people like you reject the idea of God because you do not want to be told what to do. You enjoy sinning. You enjoy cheating on your wife, you enjoy being racist and sexist at work. It makes you feel powerful and brings meaning to you shallow life. You are in love with yourself and your carnal desires and you are proud of it - and no one is going to tell you what to do. Bear that in mind when you are being held to account for your actions. We will see who will be laughing then.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Which can be summed up neatly as:

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being." - Carl Jung

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    However there is a problem with your argument, Dodgy, in that there is no evidence that people in developed countries are any less credulous than those in so-called backward countries. Witness the rise in "New Age" beliefs, homeopathy and the like. Chico may well be right in that more people are being brainwashed by crap like the "Alpha Course" than before. Or look at the Space Cadets who don't even question the existence of a "gravity machine".

fair point SAS

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Poor chico, thanks to science we now that natural disasters are not the work of an angry god. In backward countries that are dominated by religion it is not difficult to literally put the fear of god into people. So coming up with "evidence" of gods existence is not hard in places like Iran. However because science continues to unravel mysteries that were once understood as "gods will" selling this god thing is proving to be a little tough. Without hard evidence the likes of chico are consigned to be nothing more than a laughing stock
    However there is a problem with your argument, Dodgy, in that there is no evidence that people in developed countries are any less credulous than those in so-called backward countries. Witness the rise in "New Age" beliefs, homeopathy and the like. Chico may well be right in that more people are being brainwashed by crap like the "Alpha Course" than before. Or look at the Space Cadets who don't even question the existence of a "gravity machine".

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    Chico offered proof Jabberwocky and I suggest you go back to my original post on this subject. You know nothing about my religious beliefs because I do not feel the need to ram them down people's throats and, quite frankly, it is none of your business. And why am I a bigot by asking someone to do something they have already quite freely offered to do. Please feel free to apologise in your own good time.
    Apologise ? There really is no need. I am offering you the chance to seek fulfillment and eternal happiness rather than wa*king over your keyboard every night at juicybigguns.com. This is the chance of a lifetime, your lifetime. Chico is the messenger and I am the pied piper. Listen to my tune and join in the journey.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Religion in the developed world

Originally posted by sasguru
    Chico,

May I suggest you post your crap in the TEST PLEASE DELETE thread in the light relief section. You will then be doing some good in extending the longest ever CUK thread, while keeping your moronic ramblings where they belong.

Cheers.
    Poor chico, thanks to science we now that natural disasters are not the work of an angry god. In backward countries that are dominated by religion it is not difficult to literally put the fear of god into people. So coming up with "evidence" of gods existence is not hard in places like Iran. However because science continues to unravel mysteries that were once understood as "gods will" selling this god thing is proving to be a little tough. Without hard evidence the likes of chico are consigned to be nothing more than a laughing stock

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Chico,

May I suggest you post your crap in the TEST PLEASE DELETE thread in the light relief section. You will then be doing some good in extending the longest ever CUK thread, while keeping your moronic ramblings where they belong.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    What nonsensical bigot you are - there is no proving truth to someone whose whole existence is to doubt. You don't want to believe, while Chico and I and another billion other souls have found the truth. We bathe in that everlasting light, if only you too could open your heart and feel the love that God gives you.
    Chico offered proof Jabberwocky and I suggest you go back to my original post on this subject. You know nothing about my religious beliefs because I do not feel the need to ram them down people's throats and, quite frankly, it is none of your business. And why am I a bigot by asking someone to do something they have already quite freely offered to do. Please feel free to apologise in your own good time.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    Go on then - prove it beyond doubt. You will then be leaving this board and celebrated the world over as you will have done what no man has managed since the dawn of time
    What nonsensical bigot you are - there is no proving truth to someone whose whole existence is to doubt. You don't want to believe, while Chico and I and another billion other souls have found the truth. We bathe in that everlasting light, if only you too could open your heart and feel the love that God gives you.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    "In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God's existence."

Isaac Newton

PS: JG I can prove that God exists.
    Go on then - prove it beyond doubt. You will then be leaving this board and celebrated the world over as you will have done what no man has managed since the dawn of time

Leave a comment:

• ALM
    replied
    oh dear - I applaud your intelligence and verbosity !! What clever people these Atheist Lefty Morons make!!!
    Why not explain which part of my assertion you disagree with and why? Even those with just average intelligence can manage that much Chico.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X