• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good news on the CO2 front!"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    By the way if anyone is interested in Climate Change....

Don't read up about it....I made this mistake. Once you understand it, the Carbon footprint thing and all those reduce CO2 emission initiatives make very depressing reading, better the bliss of ignorance that it it might do some good.

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I can see how this will be sexed up

Within 45 minutes CO2 levels could cause sea levels to rise hundreds of metres
    And if you say otherwise I'll have you killed and then bury the inquest for 70 years.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    a bit like declaring war on God.

My biggest fear is that the panic reaction to CO2 warming will lead to huge swathes of natural habitats, equatorial forests will be converted to renewable sources, and in 10 20 years when we discover the Global warming was natural and that we didn't need to worry, that we'd destroyed so much natural habitat, the earth was ruined....how ironic.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 25 January 2010, 13:05.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Ill equiped and with no clear objectives?
    I can see how this will be sexed up

Within 45 minutes CO2 levels could cause sea levels to rise hundreds of metres

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    The UK government should attack climate change as if it were a war
    Ill equiped and with no clear objectives?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    nope not self serving .....worse, it's completely idiotic. Generally self-serving objectives have an economic benefit.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 25 January 2010, 12:56.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Environmental Advisors

Just the beginning:

Looks like the nutcases are out in force
    The UK to become completely bonkers
    Hmmm

The UK government should attack climate change as if it were a war, according to a new report from the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
    The professional body has today called for the government to deploy a swift offensive on climate change with an arsenal of new engineering projects aimed at generating cleaner energy, capturing and sequestering carbon-dioxide emissions and controlling the effects of environmental disasters on communities.

Nothing self serving in that report then!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    When you enter Manchester there is a big sign saying that it is a nuclear free city.
    Presumably warning me to turn my "Mr Fusion" TM powered car off
    Yeah, the Joint University Research Reactor was in Warrington! Shared by Liverpool and Manchester...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Environmental Advisors

Just the beginning:

Looks like the nutcases are out in force
    The UK to become completely bonkers

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    And all because Ficko Gordo hasn't the balls (or brains) to raise income tax.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Went into London on the M1 on friday, there was a big sign before j2 telling me I was entering an ECO ZONE

presumably warning me to turn off if I was a smokey bugger

When you enter Manchester there is a big sign saying that it is a nuclear free city.

Presumably warning me to turn my "Mr Fusion" TM powered car off

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Went into London on the M1 on friday, there was a big sign before j2 telling me I was entering an ECO ZONE

presumably warning me to turn off if I was a smokey bugger

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Be alright on me motorbike...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Good news on the CO2 front!

Good news on the CO2 front!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...motorways.html

Average speed cameras could be installed on all the country's motorways to cut carbon emissions under proposals drawn up by the Government's environmental advisers.

Next step will be reduction of speed limit to 50 mph, mark my words.

Gotta love Gordon. Kerchinnggg!

Working...
X