• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plan B - Your reviews please"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

It's miles better than anything I could do.
    WHS, and I'm a web developer

(although luckily I never have to get into all the poncey cosmetic design aspects)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Talking of potnoodlers, where is sg today? Off spending his humongous bonus I suppose on more notional luxuries?
    Today he has to attend the Job Centre to ensure his JSA is paid.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Talking of potnoodlers, where is sg today? Off spending his humongous bonus I suppose on more notional luxuries?
    Like a Toyota Prius ?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    He didn't get his bonus, he was given his cards and shown the door.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    When I was single and living on my own, I definitely did not rely on one Pot Noodle per day.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by George Parr View Post
    No RC it doesn't mean that, it means not relying on a Pot Noodle every day.
    When I was single and living on my own, I definitely did not rely on one Pot Noodle per day.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    As regard the look of the website, here's something for all the arty-farty types here.

http://www.site-reference.com/articl...-Websites.html
    Design isn't just about the look/feel/branding of a site or application.

Design is also about structure, visibility, mapping, persistence, and forgiveness.

An ugly but usable site will outdo a beautiful and confusing one.

An ugly and confusing site won't get much more than a second glance, unless the user has to extract information from this specific source, in which case the user will experience a range of negative emotions and be inefficient, until they learn the structure. This learning curve should be practically non-existent with an e-commerce offering.

There is something in aesthetics-for-the-sake-of-it, called the aesthetic/usability effect. A beautiful site will appear to be more usable. You can only take that so far.

Great design is subtle, inconspicuous, well-mapped to the target users' mental models, with clear signposting, and easy-to-digest, relevant information.

The example above is neither aesthetically pleasing or well-structured.

Leave a comment:

• George Parr
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Having a bit of lettuce in your kebab.

Having mushy peas with your chips.

Eating the slice of gherkin in the burger.

Putting tomato ketchup on your bacon butties.

Cheese and Onion crisps instead of Smoky Bacon (that's 2 of your 5-a-day).

Putting mango chutney on your curry. (Just watch what you do with the spoon.)

I'm sure voodooflux can list many more.
    No RC it doesn't mean that, it means not relying on a Pot Noodle every day.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Perving over the Polish barmaid and "developing a relationship" are different things.
    I beg to differ

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    It still wont be enough to help contractors develop "relationships"
    Perving over the Polish barmaid and "developing a relationship" are different things.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Flirt? FFS, real blokes don't flirt, they're flirted with as a prelude to "Ok darling, you've pulled!".

FFS, metrosexual sh!te!
    Did CM give you permission to post that?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    A mate has a Plan B that I figured the congregation here would be excellent in evaluating. All feedback, genuine or pish-taking would be appreciated.

TIA
    It still wont be enough to help contractors develop "relationships"

Leave a comment:

• George Parr
    replied
    Have you come to this website because you are tired of being single and want to have a relationship? Are you tired of being alone and not having someone to share your thoughts, feelings or desires with? Do you miss the companionship of a woman? Are you sick of meals for one and late night television. Are you tired of seeing the rest of the world in happy and fulfilling relationships

Are you a sad lonely bastard? Have you tried wearing Lynx but been left disappointed? If you wouldn't know what do do with a woman if one fell in your lap then you've come to the right place...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    What is the site selling and how does the site owner make money?

Can't see anything unique, clever or business like about it.

As regard the look of the website, here's something for all the arty-farty types here.

http://www.site-reference.com/articl...-Websites.html

My plan B site was ugly, but make an easy £60K of money as it was easy to use and fast and reliable. It wasn't a dreamweaver beauty, but then again look at ebay, is that a pretty website?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    A mate has a Plan B that I figured the congregation here would be excellent in evaluating. All feedback, genuine or pish-taking would be appreciated.

TIA
    I'm not looking at that again, it hurt my eyes.

Looks like something a lame & blind donkey hacked up in dreamweaver inside 30mins. Get a proper designer or no-one will even bother, it looks totally unprofessional.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X