• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - Your reviews please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    It still wont be enough to help contractors develop "relationships"
    Perving over the Polish barmaid and "developing a relationship" are different things.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Perving over the Polish barmaid and "developing a relationship" are different things.
      I beg to differ
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Having a bit of lettuce in your kebab.

Having mushy peas with your chips.

Eating the slice of gherkin in the burger.

Putting tomato ketchup on your bacon butties.

Cheese and Onion crisps instead of Smoky Bacon (that's 2 of your 5-a-day).

Putting mango chutney on your curry. (Just watch what you do with the spoon.)

I'm sure voodooflux can list many more.
        No RC it doesn't mean that, it means not relying on a Pot Noodle every day.
        Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          As regard the look of the website, here's something for all the arty-farty types here.

http://www.site-reference.com/articl...-Websites.html
          Design isn't just about the look/feel/branding of a site or application.

Design is also about structure, visibility, mapping, persistence, and forgiveness.

An ugly but usable site will outdo a beautiful and confusing one.

An ugly and confusing site won't get much more than a second glance, unless the user has to extract information from this specific source, in which case the user will experience a range of negative emotions and be inefficient, until they learn the structure. This learning curve should be practically non-existent with an e-commerce offering.

There is something in aesthetics-for-the-sake-of-it, called the aesthetic/usability effect. A beautiful site will appear to be more usable. You can only take that so far.

Great design is subtle, inconspicuous, well-mapped to the target users' mental models, with clear signposting, and easy-to-digest, relevant information.

The example above is neither aesthetically pleasing or well-structured.

Comment

Originally posted by George Parr View Post
            No RC it doesn't mean that, it means not relying on a Pot Noodle every day.
            When I was single and living on my own, I definitely did not rely on one Pot Noodle per day.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              When I was single and living on my own, I definitely did not rely on one Pot Noodle per day.
              Talking of potnoodlers, where is sg today? Off spending his humongous bonus I suppose on more notional luxuries?
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Talking of potnoodlers, where is sg today? Off spending his humongous bonus I suppose on more notional luxuries?
                He didn't get his bonus, he was given his cards and shown the door.

Comment

Like a Toyota Prius ?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Today he has to attend the Job Centre to ensure his JSA is paid.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

It's miles better than anything I could do.
                      WHS, and I'm a web developer

(although luckily I never have to get into all the poncey cosmetic design aspects)
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X