• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cash4Gold

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cash4Gold"

Collapse

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    A japanese buddhist monk was on tv this morning, called Mr Happiness, he raps his prayers/messages rather than traditional mantra style.. the japanese youth love the idea

Japanese are the friendliest people I have ever met. I was a real surprise to me

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    On Radio 4 yesterday a buddhist monk very eloquently explained the difference between what a person needs and what a person wants.

Having ones needs met leads to happiness
    Ones wants tend to lead to unhappiness.

We should remember that in our lives. I will try to.

<BB wanders off humming appropriate Stones tune/>
    A japanese buddhist monk was on tv this morning, called Mr Happiness, he raps his prayers/messages rather than traditional mantra style.. the japanese youth love the idea

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I worked for them once too.

And I know exactly what your missus means..

But there are harder faced businesses than them out there, I can tell you.

*cough*cap1*cough*
    The problem is not just hard faced, it is also being clueless as to how to manage a situation.

I think that they have fitted a revolving door there now as they are losing so many of their SMT.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    I worked for Experian once, my wife still calls them the grinch that stole Christmas
    I worked for them once too.

And I know exactly what your missus means..

But there are harder faced businesses than them out there, I can tell you.

*cough*cap1*cough*

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Oh Dear, never work for the likes of Experian and Equifax* then...

*Or their customers, for that matter...
    I worked for Experian once, my wife still calls them the grinch that stole Christmas

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I accept that.

But I don't want to live in a society where professionals take that viewpoint.
    Oh Dear, never work for the likes of Experian and Equifax* then...

*Or their customers, for that matter...

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Which leads to the logical conclusion that where gaining a profit is concerned, ethics and morals have no place.

But that will make for a very tulipty world indeed.

Why should people - who can feel pain and suffering - be subservient to the desire of organisations to make money? We would be worse off than under the feudal system; at least there one could appeal to the King.
    On Radio 4 yesterday a buddhist monk very eloquently explained the difference between what a person needs and what a person wants.

Having ones needs met leads to happiness
    Ones wants tend to lead to unhappiness.

We should remember that in our lives. I will try to.

<BB wanders off humming appropriate Stones tune/>

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Which leads to the logical conclusion that where gaining a profit is concerned, ethics and morals have no place.

Why should people - who can feel pain and suffering - be subservient to the desire of organisations to make money? We would be worse off than under the feudal system; at least there one could appeal to the King.
    Welcome to reality.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    What do you think Banks, Insurance Companies, Supermarkets etc. do? FFS, it's the way business works.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

What do you think Banks, Insurance Companies, Supermarkets etc. do?

FFS, it's the way business works.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    You'd better move then...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    n5

thankyou for a candid answer

I have also been tempted by the:

'Look at scrap gold on eBay, you can get some at good prices. Also look for gold jewellery, this can go for far less than the scrap price.'

but my worry with buying scrap from éBay is that, as they put it in 'Snatch', I wouldn't know if it is moody gold or not

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    That's not the sort of society I'd like to live in.
    You'd better move then...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    So stupid people deserve to be ripped off?
    Are you talking about middle class Labour voters?

Only fair.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8472867.stm

To be fair though, if you fall for the cowboy TV adverts these gold by post companies use then you probably deserve to be parted from your cash
    So stupid people deserve to be ripped off?

That's not the sort of society I'd like to live in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X