• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would you employ yourself ?"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    With my reputation, as an employer I couldn't take the risk.

Leave a comment:

• namnadasht
    replied
    I would delegate it

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What if it melts and leaves a large stain on the seat when you get up?
    it'll be nice and chewy when he gets to wetherspoons

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    try putting a toffee between the cheeks of your butt before going into the interview

What if it melts and leaves a large stain on the seat when you get up?

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    You will get a break, but don't lose the chance to get one by walking out of an interview!

I doubt they will give you a hard time over being out of work in a recession.

Good luck!!
    WSS and good luck!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    try putting a toffee between the cheeks of your butt before going into the interview

Everton supporter you say ...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Trouble with being on the bench for a long time (since Feb) is you start to lose your self-confidence. I've lost count of the times agents have failed to consider/blocked me for roles I could do standing on my head. Now I'm starting to think maybe I'd better get used to becoming a regular at Wetherpoons Having said that, I have an interview for a good (permie) job tomorrow. If they start giving me a hard time in the interview about being out of work I rather suspect I'll walk, rather than get involved in an pointless argument at that level. Well maybe not this time, tbh I'm getting to the point where it doesn't matter. Is there a DoleyScumbag forum somewhere???

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Trouble with being on the bench for a long time (since Feb) is you start to lose your self-confidence. I've lost count of the times agents have failed to consider/blocked me for roles I could do standing on my head. Now I'm starting to think maybe I'd better get used to becoming a regular at Wetherpoons Having said that, I have an interview for a good (permie) job tomorrow. If they start giving me a hard time in the interview about being out of work I rather suspect I'll walk, rather than get involved in an pointless argument at that level. Well maybe not this time, tbh I'm getting to the point where it doesn't matter. Is there a DoleyScumbag forum somewhere???
    You will get a break, but don't lose the chance to get one by walking out of an interview!

I doubt they will give you a hard time over being out of work in a recession.

Good luck!!

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Can you get insured for that sort of thing?
    hmmm dunno

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Linky

My chief tea maker doesn't even drink tea himself.
    Ah, right.

You have deffo got a keeper there.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    only if you were sacked unfairly, and if you were you would have to pay yourself compensation.
    Can you get insured for that sort of thing?

I assume that on top of the compensation, you'd have to reinstate yourself?

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Too right I would. I used to wonder why I was always successful at interviews in recent years until I had to do some recruitment myself and realised why. One day of interviews in particular was rather comical.
    Last edited by SuperZ; 21 January 2010, 13:30.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    If you sacked yourself, could you claim unfair dismissal?
    only if you were sacked unfairly, and if you were you would have to pay yourself compensation.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Would you employ yourself ?

Nope. When I phoned in sick I'd know I'd be lying.
    If you sacked yourself, could you claim unfair dismissal?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X