• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Iranian leader denies Holocaust"

Collapse

• ALM
    replied
    No worries Alf. Coming from yourself, one of the more genuine individuals on CUK, I was intrigued by the episode you described but understand completely why you wouldn't want to discuss it on a public forum.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by ALM
    What were you told would happen after your death Alf?
    That is something that I would rather not reveal on such a public forum.

Again without knowing the full context of the events leading up to and on the day , it would perhaps be prone to misunderstanding and ridicule.

As you know I am not at all pious and by nature rather flippant but I do not wish this to turn into a spectacle , something which is profound and sacred by its very nature.

Perhaps fools do rush in where Angels fear to tread ?

Having said that, I will reveal the complete event to somebody on this board, who shall remain nameless, as they have expressed a genuine interest as to what happened.

I regret I cannot say too much more about this aspect, I have chosen for the first time to publish some aspects regarding this remarkable event, but I am rather perplexed about revealing perhaps too much.

But thanks for asking ALM and I hope you understand why this time I have, with all due respect to your good self,declined to answer.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 21 December 2005, 12:28.

Leave a comment:

• ALM
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    The other message relates to what will occur after my Death , so obviously I am not in a position to confirm that, who knows perhaps if I can I will post here post mortem !
    [/I]
    What were you told would happen after your death Alf?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    AlfredJPruffock: Did (s)he say when the singularity will happen?
    I am afraid not Threaded, nor anything as pragmatic as to the winner of the Epsom 3.30.

The two messages I received where very much a personal affair,relating to the direction my life would take.

At the time I was practically destitute and the very optimistic message seemed impossible , but less then a week later my life did change dramatically for the better, and then continued in this manner.

But still two years passed before I could muster the courage to discuss the event with my closest friends.

The other message relates to what will occur after my Death , so obviously I am not in a position to confirm that, who knows perhaps if I can I will post here post mortem !

To really appreciate the events of that remarkable day you would have to know the background and some specific events which happened that day.

As for the ramifications of this I am still puzzling over it, but certainly I can recall the entire episode as if it were yesterday,it was utterly mysterious and profound.

Hope that helps.

Laugh , if you can, but this is the truth of the matter.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 21 December 2005, 10:21.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Yes, they're just waiting for you to exceed critical mass!

More pies for Threaded please.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Mainly due to the enclosure acts I believe.

Very understandable though. I saw a swarthy foreign looking person in our village the other day. He wasn't actually doing anything illegal at the time but he was undoubtably up to no good as these types always are and in better times would have been executed just for being there without a permit. I think society was much more sensible in the old days.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Fungus
    As an aside, in England a few centuries ago you could be put to death for being a Gypsy
    Not for just _being_ a gypsy, but "consorting with gypsies for more than a month" was made a capital felony in the 1560s, during the reign of Queen Elizabeth 1, as the authorities were worried about the large numbers of "rogues and vagabonds" roaming the land. This law wasn't repealed until the early 19th century.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Aye ZG

Since you asked ...

Well I have never seen an angel so normally I would not be in a position to discern, however the entity I witnessed announced itself by the following introduction ...

Peace be with you.
    I am the Archangel Raphael

At the time I was dimly aware of Archangels, but not one called Raphael.
    Did you ask where the other two teenage mutant ninja turtles were?

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Mr AjP,

You disappoint me. These meandarings are reminiscent of Chico. How sad.

Or have you been enjoying God's beautiful bounty
    Last edited by sasguru; 17 December 2005, 00:11.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    How do you know it was an Archangel, Alf?

Are they strikingly different to the normal kind?
    Aye ZG

Since you asked ...

Well I have never seen an angel so normally I would not be in a position to discern, however the entity I witnessed announced itself by the following introduction ...

Peace be with you.
    I am the Archangel Raphael

At the time I was dimly aware of Archangels, but not one called Raphael.

After some research I discoverd Raphael is Hebrew for He Who Hath Healed and apparently amongst the Angel Hierarchy he is the one who has the closest affinity to Humans, in the Catholic Bible he makes an appearance in the book of Tobin where he manifests as a travelling companion.

Besides Raphael, Michael and Gabriel are the only Archangels mentioned by name in the bible.

Raphael's name means "God heals."

This identity came about because of the biblical story which claims that he "healed" the earth when it was defiled by the sins of the fallen angels in the apocryphal book of Enoch.

Raphael is also identified as the angel who moved the waters of the healing sheep pool. He is also the patron of the blind, of happy meetings, of nurses, of physicians and of travelers. His feast day is celebrated on September 29th.

In the Book of Euocb, Raphael is the guide to Sheol, the Judaic underworld, and it was he who was sent to bind the fallen 'watcher' Azazel, burying him under rocks in a desert place on earth.

According to the Talmud, he is one of the three angels who visited Abraham after his circumcision.

PS No it didnt have wings, but its face was like a radiant golden mask , so radiant that I could hardly see its face at first, rather like looking into the sun.

I feared that I might be burned by its intensity but in fact the light gave me the most marvellous blissful sensation when I realised that nothing harmful would happen.

Its face was gentle and loving beyond description yet neither male nor female in its aspect.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 16 December 2005, 18:01.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by Not So Wise
    Why do we have Israel? Simple question not so simple answer.
    Jews have been hated thoughout history for mainly two reasons, first off they were/are a closed, easly recognisable group, they are different to those around them (not so much now but used to be very different) and you cannot join them. Other main reason was they were affluent, mainly due to how they operate, helping each other and and sending each other buisness (sometimes in preference of someone better who was non jewish).

Nothing really wrong with any of this, just natual to help your own first, but never be susprised if the rest of the world starts to hate/resent you for it. When you create a "them and us" don't be susprised when "them" try to kill you

Also many going into money lending definitely did not help either as a King who owes you money will do anything to get rid of you and your people.

Now as to the Holocaust, it was real, it was bad, but was it unique? Not really. Only thing that really makes it stand out was it was the first of it's kind to happen during the era of mass communications, media and cinema. It shocked the world who up until that point were able to distance themselves from the truth about war and other things. The western world goes into collective feelings of guilt and disgust at mankind

Only one problem though, for the same reasons as always people still don't like and envy the jews.

Then someone comes up with clever idea to form Israel, jews invade, take it over, world leaders go
    "yah, a solution to the jewish problem, they get a country (we might be even able to say 'we gave them one' by recogniseing them) and hopefully all the jews over here will leave to go there. What about the people that were already there you ask? Bahh who cares about a bunch of raghead camel jockys? It's not like they have or ever will have any power or influence or be able to do anything about it"

And thus the stage was set for todays world.
    The main reason for being different was that they were not Christian. Simply not being the right flavour of Christianity was a no-no.

As an aside, in England a few centuries ago you could be put to death for being a Gypsy.

I believe that the reason Jews became money lenders is because the trade was forbidden to Christians. Also they were literate unlike most of the populace and literacy was required for money lending.

Jews have long had a strong ethic for education and work, and as you say, for helping other Jews. Today in the UK there's only about 0.25 million Jews, but they are preeminent in the arts, media, science, medicine and so on. IMO they excel for good reasons. (A bit like us lot ...) East African Asians also excel in the UK for similar reasons.

Israel was the result of the Zionist movement, which started roughly 150 years ago, mainly in central Europe. Jews started migrating to the Holy Land, creating Jewish villages, resurrecting Hebrew as a living language. In the 20's the top British administrator of Palestine was himself a Zionist Jew. So maybe it is not surprising that Zionism was encouraged.

After the end of WW2 prominant Jews lobbied the UN for a separate Jewish state. The UN voted for the partition of Palestine into separate Jewish and Arab states to the anger of the surrounding Arab states. No doubt this was a combination of ignorance (some countries knew nothing about Palestine), guilt (many countries had allowed the holocaust to happen) and in some cases a desire to get rid of 'the hated Jew'. Sadly anti-semitism is still rife in some parts of Europe such as France. In about 1948 the British left Palestine (too many deaths for too little reward). A new state of Israel was promptly declared by David Ben Gurion, and the neighbouring Arab states promptly invaded. Some Arab civilians were massacred by Jewish terrorists, and hundreds of thousands of them fled their homes, terrified of being massacred by the Jews. Some were forced out at gun point by Jewish terrorists. The Jews won, the Arabs lost. The Arabs have attacked Israel several times over the intervening years, but they lost, and Israel is now a reality. The Arab states were run by corrupt unelected dictators with badly led armies and the democratic Israeli state triumphed.

"Bahh who cares about a bunch of raghead camel jockys? "

Yes. That's the potted version of my rant. It's short but it summarises the key points.

And today we still see massacres of innocents and the world stands by. Unless there's oil in them thar hills. Yee haaaa ...

Fungus.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Not So Wise
    it was 70 plus years ago!!!...It's long past time for Israel to shut up about it
    And you think humanity has really learnt and changed enough in those 60 plus years to not bother to ever again RTFM...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Aye Churchill

Well I did try to dismiss the whole event from my mind, as I mentioned it took over two years before I dared to tell even my closest freinds.

But you see as I mentioned it wasnt just a vision , I was told certain things about my life which then, and much to my astonishment did happen.

Thats why, as much as I would have liked , I just couldnt dismiss the whole episode.

Anyway , laugh if you like.

The lesson I learned from this whole encounter, and its a long story which led up to this vision, is that always be kind to strangers as they may be Angels in disguise.
    I'm not laughing my old north of the border chum, merely offering an alternative explanation.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Simple explanation...

Threaded in his time machine!

Which is of course just as feasible as you being visited by an archangel.
    Aye Churchill

Well I did try to dismiss the whole event from my mind, as I mentioned it took over two years before I dared to tell even my closest freinds.

But you see as I mentioned it wasnt just a vision , I was told certain things about my life which then, and much to my astonishment did happen.

Thats why, as much as I would have liked , I just couldnt dismiss the whole episode.

Anyway , laugh if you like.

The lesson I learned from this whole encounter, and its a long story which led up to this vision, is that always be kind to strangers as they may be Angels in disguise.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 15 December 2005, 12:03.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X