• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 2 day meeting

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "2 day meeting"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I got out! I delegated a minion to take over for the afternoon!

I watched second half of Toulouse v Quins on the laptop, which was nice, and wrote down some of the buzzwords I heard;

- benchmarking
    - KPI
    - Touch base
    - Keep focused

All in all a bit of a weak harvest, but nevertheless progress toward my goal of winning today’s bulltulip bingo competition.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Am giggling at:

A mnemonic exists to remind practitioners of the processes involved: "big fish, little fish, cardboard box".

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Don't forget to mention best practice: Shoe Box Testing.
    I just read that one - cheered me up no end - dunno how I missed that post back in June!

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    Bleed the air from the system.

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    I think the congregation here should suggest a list of buzzwords that you are required to use, at appropriate points, in the meeting.
    Bleed the air from the system.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I think the congregation here should suggest a list of buzzwords that you are required to use, at appropriate points, in the meeting.
    Re-envisioneer

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Boss? What is this thing of which you speak? I don’t believe I have one. Ah yes, back in the mists of time, more than 5 years ago I had one of those. Very expensive and annoying; sucked 2/3 of my hourly rate and made me stay in tulipty hotels and made me go to ‘HR assessments’ every 6 months.

You don’t need one.
    Don't kid yourself. If you end up going to that meeting you definitely have a boss.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Don't forget to mention best practice: Shoe Box Testing.
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 18 January 2010, 22:22.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    "Off-piste testing"

Leave a comment:

• Numpty
    replied
    See my .sig

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    "Pipe cleaning"

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    "Culpability paradigm"

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Don't flatter yourself.
    You have real bile.
    I have fake bile.
    There is no comparison.

HTH
    tis true.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If sasguru was my boss Id have topped myself by now to escape the bile. One of the few people who can out-bile me...
    Suicide because of your boss is highly unprofessional, unproductive and not very lucrative, especially when you could stay at home on full sick pay with a stress related illness and do some contracting on the side.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X