• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "identify the language"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Well no wonder we were all barking up the wrong tree - EO went and forgot the question mark.

(or was it the Brazilian? )
    Are you suggesting that EO's Brazilian led people astray?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    BTW, on the subject of accented letters, is there a smart way in Windows to type them on a UK keyboard, short of copying and pasting individual letters from a carefully prepared "sample" text file?
    Yes.

Although unless you want to use them often, and it's thus worth your while learning how to generate them from the keyboard, you should probably use the Character Map utility instead.

Either that, or get a Mac, where such things are easier

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Just checked with Portugese friend, it's Brazilian Portugese and means (fairly literally)

Are you upset little puppy?
    Hmmm, might try that line with the tasty young Brazillian cleaner after all then. Hopefully she won't chew my balls off. Or maybe she might. So many choices.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Just checked with Portugese friend, it's Brazilian Portugese and means (fairly literally)

Well no wonder we were all barking up the wrong tree - EO went and forgot the question mark.

(or was it the Brazilian? )

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I like to be magnimi, mugnammin, magnacar

aww fck him, brazillian tit

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    Not that I know of. That was yet another thing I liked about the Mac, it's gay.

HTH
    Ftfy!

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    BTW, on the subject of accented letters, is there a smart way in Windows to type them on a UK keyboard, short of copying and pasting individual letters from a carefully prepared "sample" text file?
    Not that I know of. That was yet another thing I liked about the Mac, it's easy.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I dont blame him for getting the hump, chef and others will tell you, these games last 18 months and cost a lot of time and effort.

but he had to go. he was in the way. an obstacle to progress

RIP Rodo. you Brazillian enigma you

Stockholm syndrome?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Blast. I was about to suggest you should ask them, because I suspect "Not So Wise" and Churchill have been guessing like the rest of us (although admittedly "son of a bitch" or similar is pretty likely).
    I dont blame him for getting the hump, chef and others will tell you, these games last 18 months and cost a lot of time and effort.

but he had to go. he was in the way. an obstacle to progress

RIP Rodo. you Brazillian enigma you

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Blast. I was about to suggest you should ask them, because I suspect "Not So Wise" and Churchill have been guessing like the rest of us (although admittedly "son of a bitch" or similar is pretty likely).
    Yup, t'was a guess...

Filho de a cadela

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Way hay.

he has deleted from the game, that was his last shot.

Scratch one Brazillian

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Thinking about it, I could have a word with our cleaners - they are Brazillian but there is a risk here: they don't speak a word of English and if suddenly this middle aged bloke went up to these pretty young girls and said the equivalent of "Right you f***ing b1tch" I'm sure plod would have me in the cell next to Bubba quicker than you can play the game "Mummy and Daddies" (ok mods, won't mention that joke again! )
    please HyperD would you try that ?

Obviously dont just come out with it, for the reasons you mention
    try this -

'Excuse, mes damselles. Je avec la friendio, EO. EO est dans le grande gamio, Travian, dans le Webb.
    Il Et grande conquistedores (wave your arms a little bit here) , Le GRANDE conquistedore (wave arms a lot)
    EO , est avanting dans le Brazillian, nom RODO. Le homme EO busted Rodo bottom. Rodo respondez
    Ta chateadinho cachorrinho

quelle heur est ille'

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Portuguese Chavvish?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Thinking about it, I could have a word with our cleaners - they are Brazillian but there is a risk here: they don't speak a word of English and if suddenly this middle aged bloke went up to these pretty young girls and said the equivalent of "Step away from the rucksack" I'm sure plod would have me in the cell next to Bubba quicker than you can say the words "verbal harassment".
    FTFY!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X