• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh dear I've upset an agent!"

Collapse

• Tingles
    replied
    My thoughts are...

Ad goes up on Jobswerve.

Contractor rings agency.

Agency ALWAYS says the contractor is going forward to Client.

All CV's go to agency account manager for selection safe in the knowledge that the agency has blocked the unwanted CVs.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Just had a call from an chirpy chappie, who apparently rang me before Christmas about the possibility of a role coming up in Jan.

He was eager to get me in for an interview - however I'd had an interview with them last week - through another agency. They called me Wed, I was interviewed Fri.
    Cheekie Chappie was not too happy - don't you remember me, we had a long chat about blah blah on the phone. I dimly recall a brief conversation, but i have so many agencies promising me 'loads of roles' coming up, I simply do not keep track of them.

Also I've been called by 3 other agencies about this role over the last week, so he's not exactly quick is he?
    He seemed very crestfallen - poor lamb
    Works both ways Pogle. What would have happened if HE had not put you forward but told you he had, you would have then told the other 3 agencies not to bother.

Poor lamb my a*se. You did well Pogle. Keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Blood Agencies

Can't wait till market picks up and we can get our own back a little...

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Score of upsets

Contractors 1 Agents 2500050001

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Good lass

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I get the same, and they seem put out big time when I get the role though someone else and try and claim they are the sole agency on the psl.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    aw bless him.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    started a topic Oh dear I've upset an agent!

Oh dear I've upset an agent!

Just had a call from an chirpy chappie, who apparently rang me before Christmas about the possibility of a role coming up in Jan.

He was eager to get me in for an interview - however I'd had an interview with them last week - through another agency. They called me Wed, I was interviewed Fri.
    Cheekie Chappie was not too happy - don't you remember me, we had a long chat about blah blah on the phone. I dimly recall a brief conversation, but i have so many agencies promising me 'loads of roles' coming up, I simply do not keep track of them.

Also I've been called by 3 other agencies about this role over the last week, so he's not exactly quick is he?
    He seemed very crestfallen - poor lamb

Working...
X