• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Help needed with nightmare"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Not saying a lot maybe but Mandelson is by far the most sensible chap in the cabinet. If he was PM I might almost consider voting for them. Not sure one vote would get them in though.
    My dream is coming true...

Mandelson's undoubted skills are in machavalian scheming. He does not possess any particular vision, or discernible skills in leading the country.

If he really were sensible, before now the Labour party would have said something about reducing the national deficit.

He's not in it for the nation's interests.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Thought that had already been done to death by Callaghan, Foot, Kinnock etc.?
    Every generation has to learn it afresh, etc...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    A Times columnist has a very plausible theory that Fondlebums deliberately scuppered the recent leadership plot because he wants McMong to hang on and lose the election and thereby discredit "Old Labour".
    Thought that had already been done to death by Callaghan, Foot, Kinnock etc.?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Not saying a lot maybe but Mandelson is by far the most sensible chap in the cabinet. If he was PM I might almost consider voting for them. Not sure one vote would get them in though.
    WHS, although he does himself no favours sometimes by so obviously revelling in his "eminence griz" reputation.

A Times columnist has a very plausible theory that Fondlebums deliberately scuppered the recent leadership plot because he wants McMong to hang on and lose the election and thereby discredit "Old Labour".

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    or did he dream he was biting a pillow, and woke up to find ...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Was that the one where you dreamt you were eating a giant marshmallow, and woke up to find half your pillow gone?

IGMC
    or did he dream he was biting a pillow, and woke up to find ...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    anyway, the last dream thingy i had and posted on here came true so

<insert twighlight zone music> or something from the crystal method
    Was that the one where you dreamt you were eating a giant marshmallow, and woke up to find half your pillow gone?

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

I'm struggling to remember what happened next. As you lot were in this dream - can any of you tell me?
    Look in the mirror and say "Snot Goblin" 5 times and you'll remember everything.

I double dare you.

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    I can't decide who is the biggest c**t, brown or mandy

anyway, the last dream thingy i had and posted on here came true so

<insert twighlight zone music> or something from the crystal method

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    After that RC, the members of CUK are found "in the woods, dressed as Gladiators", after an apparent suicide pact, involving a pair of garden shears.

Daubed in blood on a tree are the words,

"SKA News coming soon..."
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    A week before the election, the expenses claims for the shadow cabinet for the past five years are posted anonymously to the newsdesk of the Telegraph. Nothing has been deleted and all email correspondence arguing the details are included.

Once 3/8ths of the results of the General Election are in, BBC correspondent Fred Bloggs jokingly mentions "According to an email from a Mrs Trellis in North Wales, if these figures are extrapolated across the country, it seems there has been 117% turnout." He is taken ill shortly after and Moira Stuart completes the reporting. No numbers are mentioned; when this gets queries by a presenter, Moira quips "I'm sure people aren't interested in that much detail, its the re-election that matters". Due to a technical problem, there is no recording kept of this broadcast.

After the General Election, a number of Returning Officers complain to the press about 'irregularities'. They are immediately dismissed as they are responsible for ensuring there are no irregularities. The details are never revealed and the story does not come up again.

Gordon Brown's body is found in a shallow grave in one of the properties owned by Tony Blair's complex overseas corporate structure. A hastily arranged closed inquiry concludes 'misadventure' and mentions 'depression brought about by overwork and a guilty conscience'. Earl Blair can show he was touring the USA at the time of any unpleasantness; the Met Police say there is no evidence linking anything to anyone ever anywhere.

I can't remember much else.
    After that RC, the members of CUK, and CUK itself are found "in the woods", after an apparent suicide pact, involving a pair of garden shears.

Daubed in blood on a tree are the words,

"SKA News coming soon..."

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I'm struggling to remember what happened next.
    A week before the election, the expenses claims for the shadow cabinet for the past five years are posted anonymously to the newsdesk of the Telegraph. Nothing has been deleted and all email correspondence arguing the details are included.

Once 3/8ths of the results of the General Election are in, BBC correspondent Fred Bloggs jokingly mentions "According to an email from a Mrs Trellis in North Wales, if these figures are extrapolated across the country, it seems there has been 117% turnout." He is taken ill shortly after and Moira Stuart completes the reporting. No numbers are mentioned; when this gets queries by a presenter, Moira quips "I'm sure people aren't interested in that much detail, its the re-election that matters". Due to a technical problem, there is no recording kept of this broadcast.

After the General Election, a number of Returning Officers complain to the press about 'irregularities'. They are immediately dismissed as they are responsible for ensuring there are no irregularities. The details are never revealed and the story does not come up again.

Gordon Brown's body is found in a shallow grave in one of the properties owned by Tony Blair's complex overseas corporate structure. A hastily arranged closed inquiry concludes 'misadventure' and mentions 'depression brought about by overwork and a guilty conscience'. Earl Blair can show he was touring the USA at the time of any unpleasantness; the Met Police say there is no evidence linking anything to anyone ever anywhere.

I can't remember much else.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Seen too many horror movies lately?

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Was there a shower scene with you, JR and Bobby Ewing in it?
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Were there gladiators?
    Was the shower scene set in a Turkish prison?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Were there gladiators?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X