• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stuck in friggin' Geneva"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Tone,

'Got to fly back tomorrow now, into Manchester and then get the car from Liverpool.
    '

haven't you heard of airport parking ?

Jeeeeeez

Milan.
    actually I have - my car is in the airport carpark in Liverpool but my ammended flight is to Manchester and the wife will drive me to Liverpool to pick up my car.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    I had an afternoon fever
    And I flew right to Geneva

Tell me where I'm going - Ive got no way of knowing

I wish I was a Forest Ranger
    - Danger Danger- Danger !

I just took me a notion
    To fly right across the Ocean

They call me the Midnight Moses
    Everything I touch - is coming up Roses

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    The bloke at QueasyJet said they don't do standbys.

Travelling tomorrow, but will have to travel to manchester to get my car from Liverpool. It's probably frozen to the bricks its stood on right now!
    unbelievable that they won't sell a ticket when there is a free seat on the plane - their loss!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Tone,

'Got to fly back tomorrow now, into Manchester and then get the car from Liverpool.
    '

haven't you heard of airport parking ?

Jeeeeeez

snowing hard here in central europe, good job we got 4x4 and Pirelli Snow/Ice winter tyres

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    I remember pictures like that in the papers.

Ice storm in January 2005 - I remember my car getting too badly frozen to bother with, though not as bad as that.

another link

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    WHS!

The wind coming off Lake Leman can be viciously cold at this time of year.
    Causing this kind of thing?

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/ice-storm-photos.shtml

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Sod Liverpool. Get the train to Milan and enjoy a weekend of good food and wine. It's not far away. Alternatively, train or bus to Lugano or Locarno could be quite enjoyable.
    WHS!

The wind coming off Lake Leman can be viciously cold at this time of year.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Have you been to geneva? I suspect not. It's image is way above the reality of the place. Got to fly back tomorrow now, into Manchester and then get the car from Liverpool.

Worst thing is I know that there will be a seat free on the 15:05 flight to liverpool as I know somebody who bought a ticket to use that flight but isn't going to be on it as he landed a job in the UK late last year - and I can't get hold of him! flip!
    Sod Liverpool. Get the train to Milan and enjoy a weekend of good food and wine. It's not far away. Alternatively, train or bus to Lugano or Locarno could be quite enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    The bloke at QueasyJet said they don't do standbys.

Travelling tomorrow, but will have to travel to manchester to get my car from Liverpool. It's probably frozen to the bricks its stood on right now!

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Have you been to geneva? I suspect not. It's image is way above the reality of the place. Got to fly back tomorrow now, into Manchester and then get the car from Liverpool.

Worst thing is I know that there will be a seat free on the 15:05 flight to liverpool as I know somebody who bought a ticket to use that flight but isn't going to be on it as he landed a job in the UK late last year - and I can't get hold of him! flip!
    turn up at the airport and ask to travel if they have no shows

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Looks alright on Google http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...N&hl=en&tab=wi can you sit somewhere nice overlooking the water for an ale or 2? Or take a boat somewhere (if the lake's not too frozen).

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied

i used to live there. lovely place.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by scotspine View Post
    "stuck"? stuck in geneva? stuck in birmingham, yes. stuck in swindon, yes. stuck in wolverhampton, definitely. but stuck in geneva? doesn't compute

Worst thing is I know that there will be a seat free on the 15:05 flight to liverpool as I know somebody who bought a ticket to use that flight but isn't going to be on it as he landed a job in the UK late last year - and I can't get hold of him! feck!

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    "stuck"? stuck in geneva? stuck in birmingham, yes. stuck in swindon, yes. stuck in wolverhampton, definitely. but stuck in geneva? doesn't compute

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Dress up as a policeman and stop UK motorists for winter tyre checks and issue them with on the spot fines 200sfr a time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X