• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuck in friggin' Geneva

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Have you been to geneva? I suspect not. It's image is way above the reality of the place. Got to fly back tomorrow now, into Manchester and then get the car from Liverpool.

Worst thing is I know that there will be a seat free on the 15:05 flight to liverpool as I know somebody who bought a ticket to use that flight but isn't going to be on it as he landed a job in the UK late last year - and I can't get hold of him! flip!
    turn up at the airport and ask to travel if they have no shows
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

The bloke at QueasyJet said they don't do standbys.

Travelling tomorrow, but will have to travel to manchester to get my car from Liverpool. It's probably frozen to the bricks its stood on right now!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Have you been to geneva? I suspect not. It's image is way above the reality of the place. Got to fly back tomorrow now, into Manchester and then get the car from Liverpool.

Worst thing is I know that there will be a seat free on the 15:05 flight to liverpool as I know somebody who bought a ticket to use that flight but isn't going to be on it as he landed a job in the UK late last year - and I can't get hold of him! flip!
        Sod Liverpool. Get the train to Milan and enjoy a weekend of good food and wine. It's not far away. Alternatively, train or bus to Lugano or Locarno could be quite enjoyable.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Sod Liverpool. Get the train to Milan and enjoy a weekend of good food and wine. It's not far away. Alternatively, train or bus to Lugano or Locarno could be quite enjoyable.
          WHS!

The wind coming off Lake Leman can be viciously cold at this time of year.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            WHS!

The wind coming off Lake Leman can be viciously cold at this time of year.
            Causing this kind of thing?

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/ice-storm-photos.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              I remember pictures like that in the papers.

Ice storm in January 2005 - I remember my car getting too badly frozen to bother with, though not as bad as that.

another link
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Tone,

'Got to fly back tomorrow now, into Manchester and then get the car from Liverpool.
                '

haven't you heard of airport parking ?

Jeeeeeez

snowing hard here in central europe, good job we got 4x4 and Pirelli Snow/Ice winter tyres

Milan.

Comment

The bloke at QueasyJet said they don't do standbys.

Travelling tomorrow, but will have to travel to manchester to get my car from Liverpool. It's probably frozen to the bricks its stood on right now!
                  unbelievable that they won't sell a ticket when there is a free seat on the plane - their loss!
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I had an afternoon fever
                    And I flew right to Geneva

Tell me where I'm going - Ive got no way of knowing

I wish I was a Forest Ranger
                    - Danger Danger- Danger !

I just took me a notion
                    To fly right across the Ocean

They call me the Midnight Moses
                    Everything I touch - is coming up Roses

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      Tone,

'Got to fly back tomorrow now, into Manchester and then get the car from Liverpool.
                      '

haven't you heard of airport parking ?

Jeeeeeez

Milan.
                      actually I have - my car is in the airport carpark in Liverpool but my ammended flight is to Manchester and the wife will drive me to Liverpool to pick up my car.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X