• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Labour party and Gordon Brown"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I lives in Wales, see, lovely boy.

Defence in depth: two petrol generators in the garage
    7 kva diesel generator and enough fuel to last me approximately 3 weeks

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Oh dear - I'm not voting for them either, even though I profoundly disagree with your desire to turn us into the USA.
    Used to be a time when Great Britain ruled the World. Then came a time when she still used to punch above her weight.

Now she can't even punch her way out of a wet, paper bag.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Saw GB on Andrew Marr this morning - I don't like seeing white calves above black socks on sitting politicians - how can you run the country if you can't dress yourself?

W@nka!!

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Where's the "Gordon Brown is Andyw" option?

Morning Nick.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Where's the "Gordon Brown is Andyw" option?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    They'd sack Brown in a heat beat but nobody in Nu Liebor wants that job - Brown is the perfect fall guy, though he fully deserves all the tulip he is going to get. It's a pity Tone Bliar got away with it

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
    The Labour party have always been unable to sack an infective party leader.
    Agreed but they are in uncharted territory at the moment.

The question is whether they are going to turn on each other now or after the election. It will be one or the other.

Either way, it will be an interesting few months.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Ah. You haven't met the alternatives then...
    A changes is as good as a rest and besides we all need a laugh

Well all we need is Mandy to defect and go for it Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    So why's Dave still hanging around like a bad smell. He's certainly not doing them any favours.
    Ah. You haven't met the alternatives then...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
    The Conservatives on the other hand are the direct opposite and sack them without a moments hesitation.
    Gordon will stay as party leader until and if they loose the next election.
    So why's Dave still hanging around like a bad smell. He's certainly not doing them any favours.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    It is too late to get rid of him before the election.

They are stuck with polishing a turd.

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    The Labour party have always been unable to sack an infective party leader. The Conservatives on the other hand are the direct opposite and sack them without a moments hesitation.
    Gordon will stay as party leader until and if they loose the next election.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Or 1974 :-)
    Power cuts in the winter...

It wasn't too bad back then as you could always lob some coal on the fire. How many can do that now?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I would not vote for them even if they proposed to make firearms legal
    Oh dear - I'm not voting for them either, even though I profoundly disagree with your desire to turn us into the USA.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    It will be bad news for you lot but the Conservatives will be glad not to win this one.
    I'm not sure that they will get away with losing, people are pretty fed up with the Labour lot.

I agree this would be a nasty time to form a new government.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X