• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Day the Music Died"

Collapse

• Alf W
    replied
    Lennon should be remembered for that defining line that's quoted above the entrance to the car park at Liverpool airport..

"Imagine no possessions.."

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    LSD impregnated record sleeves?
    How old fashioned , LSD meaning pounds shillings and pence of course.

Ah but perhaps you are refering to Lysergic Acid , that was amazing stuff eh ?

But unlike 20 years ago I doubt you can even get it these days.

Probably because there is little profit to be had I would imagine compared to the merchandise they are now pushing.

Its all these horrible hard drugs and criminal gangs and those awful celelbrities taking cocaine heroin and Lord knows what other junk so they can feel good about their pathetic lifes.

Drugs are so retro, best avoided if you can.

And if you cannot, then do be careful least you wind up in hospital or prison.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 9 December 2005, 09:56.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    LSD impregnated record sleeves?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock

Some say that just looking through my album collection is enough to get them stoned.

now that is somthing I'd like to see.......

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Beatles et al

Some good music, but overrated IMHO. Not much better than the equivalent of Take-That in their day, which says as much about the dearth of decent music then as it does now...still Take That at least had decent videos.

Like some of JL's music (Watching the wheels etc....) but too SUHOA for my liking, and Yoko..don't get me started...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Jings Wendigo !

And Ive been singing Youre Fourteen all these years , lucky Ive not be locked up...well not yet.
    I missed that. Perhaps you're thinking of a Gary Glitter number.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Yes basically Ringo just knocked the sh*t out of the drums.

Sounded good though.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    You can't imply that Ringo has no talent. Thomas the tank engine didn't have a voice before Ringo. Now all trains have a scouse accent.
    It's surprising (was to me anyway) how many other drummers rate Ringo as one of their influences. No big ego, just good work.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    I loved You're Sixteen ... yes, I got to admit Ringo sang some good songs too.

But it was the prodigious good songwriting that made L & M great.

No, I didn't mind George. Bit of a hippy though. Opened a Hare Krishna temple in Letchmore Heath near where I lived. Used to see them wandering about in their orange gear.
    Jings Wendigo !

And Ive been singing Youre Fourteen all these years , lucky Ive not be locked up...well not yet.

Also It Dont Come Easy was pretty good and I did like Ringos vocals On a Little Help from my Friends.

George was my fav Beatle , Living in the Material World and All Things Must Pass take pride of place in my illustrous album collection, which I think DundeeGeorge seems to be obsessed about.

Some say that just looking through my album collection is enough to get them stoned.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Didn't that get turned down?
    Don't know. Not bovvered.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Ahem, isn't it "M & L" these days?
    Didn't that get turned down?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

No, I didn't mind George. Bit of a hippy though. Opened a Hare Krishna temple in Letchmore Heath near where I lived. Used to see them wandering about in their orange gear.
    Ahem, isn't it "M & L" these days?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I dont think George would be much fun in the pub these days either Wendy.

Still Ringo did have his musical moments, like Octopiss Garden , and the famous ... Youre Fourteen ... vintage stuff.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    God no, I wasn't implying he had NO talent, just that he wasn't among the most talented. Actually he is probably several rungs below the most talented, but yes, he was a brilliant Thomas the Tank Engine, and pretty good value on chat shows.

I'd rather have a few pints up the pub with him than the other two. Even if Lennon were still alive.
    I dont think George would be much fun in the pub these days either Wendy.

Still Ringo did have his musical moments, like Octopiss Garden , and the famous ... Youre Fourteen ... vintage stuff.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    You can't imply that Ringo has no talent. Thomas the tank engine didn't have a voice before Ringo. Now all trains have a scouse accent.
    God no, I wasn't implying he had NO talent, just that he wasn't among the most talented. Actually he is probably several rungs below the most talented, but yes, he was a brilliant Thomas the Tank Engine, and pretty good value on chat shows.

I'd rather have a few pints up the pub with him than the other two. Even if Lennon were still alive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X