• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is IT dead in this country"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Seconded.

It's a shame as I'm fairly neutral to most posters on this board, and take things with a pinch of sulphur, but his recent one man war against Engineers has become an obsession to the extent that some of his posts have not been very pleasant to others.

From a non-trained clinical viewpoint, I'd guess he is an arse of the highest order

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    At some point in the past few months Minestrone seems to have gone from Just Another CUKer to become a mentalist.
    Seconded.

It's a shame as I'm fairly neutral to most posters on this board, and take things with a pinch of sulphur, but his recent one man war against Engineers has become an obsession to the extent that some of his posts have not been very pleasant to others.

From a non-trained clinical viewpoint, I'd guess that it was a classic case of passive/aggressive inferiority complex, with the trigger being that he views his Engineering qualifications as the apex of his achievements, and he derives succour by denigrating others with less academical qualifications in order to boost his low self-esteem.

Failing that, he's a nut job.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Hmmm...

He seems very hung up on the epithet 'Engineer' - for some reason?

Like a small dog with a bone.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Minestrone, please please please foxtrot oscar you sad sad little man. Trumped up little tw*t.
    My life improved significantly when I dropped him (and his sockpuppet dog's heinous) into my Ignore List.
    Minestrone is now on my ignores list.
    Good. But now you MUST resist the temptation to press "View Post" or he will rub your nose in his tulip.

At some point in the past few months Minestrone seems to have gone from Just Another CUKer to become a mentalist. If he was female I'd recommend HRT.

I can only assume he has had some terrible tragedy in his life recently and not dealt with it, or a bad head injury.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    And following that, the answer to the original question "is IT dead in this country" is?
    Well the ayes have it currently by a landslide.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    After appeal, the Deans feel that a first would be a more appropriate award. Congratulations.
    And following that, the answer to the original question "is IT dead in this country" is?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    After appeal, the Deans feel that a first would be a more appropriate award. Congratulations.
    WooHoo!!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Nonsense. He deserves a First for that

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I give you a 2-1. Well done.
    Nonsense. He deserves a First for that

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    When designing the perfect female form, it is important not to neglect the "rear end", as instances can occur when one might find oneself snookered on the red with only the brown to go for, so to speak.
    A good example of this might be Joely Richardson, who is renowned for being very open to experimentation.

Any good?
    I give you a 2-1. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    and try and work 'Joely Richardson' into your answer for bonus points.

HTH
    When designing the perfect female form, it is important not to neglect the "rear end", as instances can occur when one might find oneself snookered on the red with only the brown to go for, so to speak.
    A good example of this might be Joely Richardson, who is renowned for being very open to experimentation.

Any good?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Cool. I did a stint at Amec working on their Tender preparation system, in the Nuclear division in Nutsford. This more than qualifies me.
    Yup

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    en·gi·neer (nj-nîr)
    n.
    1. One who is trained or professionally engaged in a branch of engineering
    Enormous scope for rightfully denoting oneself as an "Engineer" across a wide range of disciplines.
    I fear it is only the truly insecure that would argue semantics.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    No, it's designing new nuclear power stations actually.
    Cool. I did a stint at Amec working on their Tender preparation system, in the Nuclear division in Nutsford. This more than qualifies me.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Sure. Is it down at the docks again?
    No, it's designing new nuclear power stations actually.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X