• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My Christmas holiday starts here..."

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Sunshine and lollipops ... sorted!
    Well that was nice and quiet and fun.

Saw a panto and walked around Minehead and walked some of the coast and ate lots and slept lots and generally ignored the rest of the world.

Funny thing though, when you look across the Bristol Channel you can see an industrial chimney and hills and some lights but up near the top of a hill is a really bright, tiny, condensed tulipload of lights. Like a high-altitude light house. Is that your external house lights, Diver?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Funny you should say that. Last night I began a review of what is going on so I can try and put firm plans to escape before I get the 3am knock.
    Spare passports, £100k in mixed currencies and a gun in a safe deposit box? Or have I just watched The Bourne Identity too many times?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Don't worry HAB, you'll be going away for a long time once they catch you
    Funny you should say that. Last night I began a review of what is going on so I can try and put firm plans to escape before I get the 3am knock.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    have a great time RC

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    we are off to sunny Barcelona

I just hope ryanair place does not skid on the airport.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Anyone else going away for Xmas?
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    NO!
    Don't worry HAB, you'll be going away for a long time once they catch you

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Enjoy Butlins RC!

Minehead can be a bit nippy at this time of year!

We're off to Centre Parcs for a couple of days between Christmas and New Year, the boys (2, 5 and 40+ (me!)) are really looking forward to it!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    My Missus has been married to a contractor (me, duh!) for long enough to know how there's ups and there's downs.

So in the spring she not only booked us on a cruise (which was awesome) but booked us an Xmas holiday.

She had a suspicion we'd be skint by Xmas (she ought to be running the economy, not the politicians) and planned accordingly.

We're off shortly to Minehead. Butlins. For a week.

No cooking, no washing up, no relatives.

And a telly (we don't have one at home).

Have a good 'un!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Have a fab time!!
    WSS

I'd rather be home. 4 & 8 year old Granddaughters are coming for Christmas

I've bought ear defenders for me and tranquillizers for them

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    My Missus has been married to a contractor (me, duh!) for long enough to know how there's ups and there's downs.

So in the spring she not only booked us on a cruise (which was awesome) but booked us an Xmas holiday.

She had a suspicion we'd be skint by Xmas (she ought to be running the economy, not the politicians) and planned accordingly.

Have a fab time!!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    NO!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    started a topic My Christmas holiday starts here...

My Christmas holiday starts here...

Working...
X