• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: moben kitchens

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "moben kitchens"

Collapse

• churkus
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Re: Kitchens Direct

If this is the one I am thinking of, Google for 'Vance Miller' before you use them!
    yep the same!. despite all the negative stuff, I dont think theyre con artists, just disorganised as a company.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post

If this is the one I am thinking of, Google for 'Vance Miller' before you use them!
    if only i'd known that back in 2000

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• churkus
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    are they very affordable? I did check out their website and it was too good to be true
    Yes, very affordable. Mine was about 18 units, worktops, sink (crap too small bought a big one from ikea), plinths cornices etc £1200 delivered.. I opted for the standard shaker beech style units, and they are actually pretty good quality, not solid wood, but not tacky and lightweight either.

You just need to be willing to travel to Oldham to pickup any bits that arent delivered (from what Ive seen, they either deliver too much (better) or too little).

ps they go under the name kitchendreamsdirect now.
    Last edited by churkus; 22 December 2009, 14:04.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
    Thanks people..

That us in a nutshell...

1314 Moben Kitchens
    Total claims:6 deposit refund » 13.3.09 yes 14/03/2009 0

Ordered a Moben kitchen on 31st Dec for fitting late March 2009.Paid 25% deposit of £3136
    During late Feb a friend had a kitchen installed by Moben & the quality of product and installation was very poor.Definitely not worth the expectations we were given when sold that Moben were the leaders in their field
    We decided to cancel our order & requested a deposit refund.Following 2 letters to them ,it took them nearly two weeks to call & say no as we were past the 7 days cooling off. We feel that the condition is unfair in requesting us to forfeit such a large deposit considering that other than design no work had been carried out by Moben.
    I am awaiting receipt of their position in writing and planning to go to small claims court.
    I would certainly NOT recommend Moben for their quality or customer service.
    The Regional Manager who took the original call and rang yesterday was arrogant and very bullying - many people would have been extemeyl intimidated by him

The 7 days is way off, the surveyor did not appear until 2 weeks later after the point of sale so we had no idea what the kitchen would look like!

I've called the credit card people to dispute the money, next step small claims... I was victorious in my last claim.

I think local joiner and Wicks furniture is the way to go from what I'm hearing...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    14K!!! Ours cost about 25k. I would have settled for Homebase or something but no, we had to have top of range solid oak doors, granite worktops, stone tiles, all new appliances.

The best way to save money on a kitchen is to get a divorce before looking.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by churkus View Post
    wow!. Reading your post, I must consider my self the luckiest man alive. I purchased my kitchen from the infamous "Rock Solid Kitchens". Not only did it arrive on time and all units accounted for, they chucked in several extra units, which thanks to my jigsaw, I have made various benches and tables out of, hehe.

Sorry to hear about your badluck.
    are they very affordable? I did check out their website and it was too good to be true

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I would also advise against using kitchens direct.

I used them years ago when I bought my first house, not only were they late, they put the kitchen in, in a hurrry got glue all over the fronts of the cupboards and worktops, chipped said worktops and b*ggered up my gas connection.

Oh yeah, and as I was refurbing the house they used the new bath which was waiting to be put in as a saw horse and scratched it.

Needless to say countless phone calls and letters of complaint got me nowhere

Leave a comment:

• churkus
    replied
    wow

wow!. Reading your post, I must consider my self the luckiest man alive. I purchased my kitchen from the infamous "Rock Solid Kitchens". Not only did it arrive on time and all units accounted for, they chucked in several extra units, which thanks to my jigsaw, I have made various benches and tables out of, hehe.

Sorry to hear about your badluck.

Leave a comment:

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    Might be worth checking for your deposit

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    So your kitchen is made entirely of chipboard then, wth lino for worktops
    Excellent comeback!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

My kitchen cost £3K all inclusive, and mine is large - around 25 long!

So your kitchen is made entirely of chipboard then, with lino for worktops
    Last edited by norrahe; 21 December 2009, 18:38.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    You paid a £2500 deposit for a 13K kitchen for a small room, with unclear / unstated requirements? I hope you are not involved with project management at any level!! Are you for real?!?
    Ouch! Do you need some salt? To rub into the wound?
    Seemingly not.

It must be great to be perfect, to have never been ripped off and to just have a nice easy life where you get on with everyone and nothing ever goes wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I feel sick now...
    You paid a £2500 deposit for a 13K kitchen for a small room, with unclear / unstated requirements?

I hope you are not involved with project management at any level!!

Are you for real?!?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    bought a moben kitchen a few years back

it seemed to go okay - the ripped out the old wall mounted cooker and made it into a cupboard (with door!)

skimmed all the walls as they were aertexed

they did however install the units before doing the electrics so they had to re-install the units (fu<wits)

took their credit deal to get the price down and the paid off in full (slight admin charge but still cheaper than trying to pay them cash (wtf)

Anyway all in seemed okay if a bit clueless - quality of kitchen, worktops etc was good though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X