• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What are the most unusual facilities you've encountered in an office?"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Beer, wine, strawberries, biscuits, crisps, frisbees, games of rounders - although this wasn't in the office; once a month the team used to head down to St James' Park for the afternoon

In the office we had this tool for enforcing coding standards, though

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Read it again. I thinks it's funnier after the edit...

Going home, pissed on a bicycle...

Going home pissed, on a bicycle...

Going home pissed on a bicycle...

Waiting for the Politie to knock on the door...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Communal spaghetti at lunch time.

Big table, monster big bowl of spaghetti in the middle. Everyone turns up at the same time and tucks in.

Weird bunch that lot.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    kinda see your point!

been a long day!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Pedantic jollock buggler
    Read it again. I thinks it's funnier after the edit...

Going home, pissed on a bicycle...

Going home pissed, on a bicycle...

Going home pissed on a bicycle...

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The same plus wine and snacks in The Netherlands. Going home pissed on a bicycle on Fridays
    Ftfy.

Pedantic jollock buggler

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The same plus wine and snacks in The Netherlands. Going home, pissed on a bicycle on Fridays
    Ftfy.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Free beer on Fridays when working in Brussels.
    The same plus wine and snacks in The Netherlands. Going home pissed on a bicycle on Fridays

Leave a comment:

• Naaarwich
    replied
    Vintners Place in London has a swimming pool and a gym. Some afternoons when you are tired its brilliant to just pop down and sit in the steam room for a while.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    Stockley Park for most of time and a stint in Brentford. The staff shop was great if you liked ribena, painkillers and toothpaste - nothing you could really make a meal out of though.
    Only went to stockley twice. So were you on the GSN project? What did you do? I made a mint out of selling their smoking patches. I could get them for 4.79 and Tesco sold them for 17

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    at the research center of the mobile telephone/network infrastructure manufacturer, they had a music/jamming room in the basement next to the gym (which was fitted out better than most in towns with the tv's and everything)

Milan.
    I would love that right now. I'm working on some new songs at the moment and that would really float my boat.

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Where were you? I used to head down to J Block a lot. Never spent much time at GSK house as I was sent to work in Greenford in their regulatory section
    Stockley Park for most of time and a stint in Brentford. The staff shop was great if you liked ribena, painkillers and toothpaste - nothing you could really make a meal out of though.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    at the research center of the mobile telephone/network infrastructure manufacturer, they had a music/jamming room in the basement next to the gym (which was fitted out better than most in towns with the tv's and everything)

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    No way - I worked on that too. The canteen in that old SKB building had the best food ever - it was more like a gourmet restaurent. Mind you the GSK building was pretty tasty too.
    Where were you? I used to head down to J Block a lot. Never spent much time at GSK house as I was sent to work in Greenford in their regulatory section

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Gun Rack - NDS Jerusalem
    I think that gets the award

Leave a comment:

Working...
X