• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Women & sympathy

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Women & sympathy"

Collapse

• conned tractor
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    That web site was a hoax. So, yes, that avatar was the animated .GIF image from that web site, but no, it was not a real corpse. Flip it through 180 degrees and you could see it was a woman lying down but in perfect pink-cheeked health.
    Thank you. Had me convinced though.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    Thank god for that. Was the last one what I thought it was?
    That web site was a hoax. So, yes, that avatar was the animated .GIF image from that web site, but no, it was not a real corpse. Flip it through 180 degrees and you could see it was a woman lying down but in perfect pink-cheeked health. And what woman gets buried in hubby's DIY shirt?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Its a gift - many women have it
    After heavy drinking, Mrs Tester conveniently forgets everything she has said but remembers everything I’ve said, including things I don’t really believe I said.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    This is a conundrum. It means that
    I drink to forget, she drinks to remember

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied

How terribly seasonal! I feel a new avatar coming on...
    Thank god for that. Was the last one what I thought it was?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    She doesn't get hangovers. She is immune. She also rarely drinks much. And even when she does, she can remember everything the next day. Everything.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    What's an alcohol allowance?
    the time taken between starting drinking and falling over

I get no sympathy from my wife. Whatever I get wrong she can trump with her kidney transplant and everything that stems from it.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    everything ?
    Everything.

And she will hang on to what she knows and save it for a dinner party or some similar inappropriate occasion. Thankfully, for comic effect rather than vindictiveness.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    She doesn't get hangovers. She is immune. She also rarely drinks much. And even when she does, she can remember everything the next day. Everything.
    everything ?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    Let her have the alcohol allowance - then pay back when she has an almighty hangover

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    About 50% of disposable income.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    for the toothache and resultant self-sorryness

However, if (as is probably the case) the antibiotic is Metronidazole then you're off the pop for a while.
    It's Amoxypoxyproxysillycillin. I think. Or PixieTwixyTricksieWillyPullin.

But it's definitely a "sillyun" and not an "arzole".

You know you love her
    So she tells me.

no need to be a dog in the manger
    How terribly seasonal! I feel a new avatar coming on...

and do complete the prescribed course.
    I'm a good boy, me.

Another and a for you

A few co-codamol and a very heavy slug of Kahlua helped me sleep.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Let her have the alcohol allowance - then pay back when she has an almighty hangover

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Anusol

You all seem to know about anusol a prep H so is it safe to say that the little fellows in the nether regions are an occupational hazard of sitting all day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X