• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is the worst thing you've ever done to someone else's pc?"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I heard of one joke, not sure if it was true, but it involved the "Doom Bunny".

Open plan office, with 30 pc's.

Cue 12.00.00 pm, screensaver kicked in on PC A, Doom Bunny appeared, hopping from left to right, for about 10 seconds.

Cue 12.00.10 pm, Doom Bunny appears on pc B to the right.

They got the bunny to hop all around the office PC's.

Had everyone in stitches, apparently.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I once spilt coffee on a 5.25" floppy and wanted to get the data off. put it into 3 work pcs before deciding it was not going to work. And neither did the floppy drives on the pcs....

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    At my first permie job, we redirected the entire floor's worth of phonelines to this twat of a boss. For the first hour he was answering the phone like a city trader. Took him a whole hour to suss it.
    PBX japes are such fun. Childish, true, but such fun.

Leave a comment:

• yermawn
    replied
    I definately win this one. A friend of my wife dropped off an old PC a couple of years ago for me to stick some extra memory memory in and do a clean OS install, stick antu-virus software on etc. It sat in the den for about a week until one evening when we had a BBQ - the dog had a fantastic night eating everything in sight. I had a dreadful night, drank too much vodka, and ended up swearing at random guests before throwing empty wine bottles out a 2nd floor window and in general disgraced myself and mortified my wife - obviously I only found out about all this the next day. So woke up at 10am with my wife threatening to leave me, house was a bomb-site. Went up to the den to bring the dog down so he could get out for a pee. Unfortunately the burgers and hotdogs had disagreed with him and in the middle of the night he's had explosive diarrhoea - but rather then crapping all over the carpet he'd backed his ass over the PC which had been lying on it's side - it had run down the front of the pc over the drive enclosure, into the buttons, floppy, etc.

Took me about 4 hours to take it apart and get the crap off it - gave it to my wife's mate a weeks later and said nothing!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I once spilt coffee on a 5.25" floppy and wanted to get the data off. put it into 3 work pcs before deciding it was not going to work. And neither did the floppy drives on the pcs....

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    When I first started in IT, programs were hand written on coding sheets and sent away to be punched onto cards by a bureau. These came back in boxes in the order they had to be fed into the card reader - they had to be fed in sequentially. On our site there was a contractor with an ego the size of Belgium who wasn't particularly well liked. "Do you want a lift to the station in my new Porsche?" was one of his better chat-up lines. Anyway the senior op at the time had just got back this guy's 5000 line suite of programs from the punch bureau. He went to deliver them to his desk and then accidentally on purpose tripped over and sent this box of 5000 ordered punched cards onto the floor. The guy went apoplectic whilst everyone else fell about laughing.

The point of this was, the operator had swapped the cards over for a load of random wasted ones, but the guy was such a tw@ that no-one ever told him even though they were all in on the joke....

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    At my first permie job, we redirected the entire floor's worth of phonelines to this twat of a boss. For the first hour he was answering the phone like a city trader. Took him a whole hour to suss it.

Leave a comment:

• xchaotic
    replied
    Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    Hid the taskbar, hid all desktop icons and applied BSOD wallpaper, did this to @12 users (typing pool)....there were tears (not mine)
    +1 did the same thing, except I simply made a screenshot of the wdesktop and set that to background, so the icons were there, jsut not 'clickable' and id that to my line manager lol He was actually happy when we came and 'fixed' it.

Leave a comment:

• YASUKA
    replied
    Switched the desktop PC power supply from UK 240v to USA 110v...(small switch behind desktop)

Guess what.... It blew up!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    We would then ask them to speak the commands in to the mouse to speed up the process. Obviously we could hear what they were saying on the phone so we would tell them what to say, they would talk in to the mouse and we would move the cursor and carry out the desired task. We could only keep this up for 5 or 6 mins before falling around in fits of laughter.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I worked one place, large multinational, where one of the bosses had a remote switch that triggered a mechanical disconnect of the cable to the net on their desk.

With predictable results.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Not a PC but I was at one place when I got up and ripped a network cable out, taking all the PCs off line. Pretty damn stupid having a loose network cable running under my desk I thought.

Fortunately, it was only permy job so didn't really matter. I once broke a rubber mill at a tyre works just before an urgent order. That was fun too.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Not a PC but I was at one place when I got up and ripped a network cable out, taking all the PCs off line. Pretty damn stupid having a loose network cable running under my desk I thought.

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    I once worked with a chap who hated one of the girls in accounts, she was always chewing the ends of highlighters, we were in on a saturday once so he wiped all her highighters under his foreskin... true story.
    must have been hung like a donkey

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    I once worked with a chap who hated one of the girls in accounts, she was always chewing the ends of highlighters, we were in on a saturday once so he wiped all her highighters under his foreskin... true story.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X