• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dubai & stupid Financial Speculation"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    A tidy desk is a sign of a sick mind.

I have a very very tidy desk.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I leave my clients desks so clean that on more than one occasion people have thought that I've left for good.

When challenged about my lack of desktop clutter I simply reply, "I'm a contractor, work is where the laptop is"

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Clear desk policy?

At one place I worked they had midnight raids to see if you'd left anything not locked up.
    I got the "do you know about the clear desk policy?" note left on my desk over the weekend. They put it beside the one they left for me last month.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Park your Passat on the desk and see if anyone takes it.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    less of it

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I put the info note on my boss's desk
    Permie tapechanger alert!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    we have that where I am now,

they have people walking around during the day removing laptops and such if they are not locked down

happened to me last week, when I got back to my desk and found the laptop gone I put the info note on my boss's desk with a hand written scribble that as some fool has taken my pc I have left for the day

and desks have to be clean no papers nothing

idiots

I only stay there for the $£

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Yeah, that is true.

Do you think they take all the stuff off their desks and clear their offices out every night? The only things left were desks, screens and chairs.
    Clear desk policy?

At one place I worked they had midnight raids to see if you'd left anything not locked up.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Whilst we're on iPlayer can someone tell me what the music is at 37 minutes on Top Gear?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...sode_3/?from=r
    Don't worry I've found it on a thread devoted to my enquiry: http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear...-2009-a-40765/

U.N.K.L.E Trouble In Paradise

Leave a comment:

• TroubleAtMill
    replied
    Two possibilities:

1) The fckrs are having a bonfire party with the bailout money;

or

2) this.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    It was bed time. And it was the weekend too!
    Yeah, that is true.

Do you think they take all the stuff off their desks and clear their offices out every night? The only things left were desks, screens and chairs.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Whilst we're on iPlayer can someone tell me what the music is at 37 minutes on Top Gear?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...sode_3/?from=r
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 7 December 2009, 13:58.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Q about RBS. I went past their offices (the former ABN Amro building) last night. That trading floor that you can see looked very sparse - what is going on there?
    It was bed time. And it was the weekend too!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I love Ian Hislop's comments on RBS on last weeks have I got news for you.

9 minutes 40 seconds in...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._38_Episode_7/
    Q about RBS. I went past their offices (the former ABN Amro building) last night. That trading floor that you can see looked very sparse - what is going on there?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    started a topic Dubai & stupid Financial Speculation

Dubai & stupid Financial Speculation

I love Ian Hislop's comments on RBS on last weeks have I got news for you.

9 minutes 40 seconds in...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._38_Episode_7/

Working...
X