• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dirnk Driving Limit to be Cut?"

Collapse

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Beer has got stronger over the years so I wouldn't use that as a rule of thumb.
    I stick to cooking lager or weak bitter if I'm on the 2 pint rule. I've always been relaxed that I'm well under the limit but recent publicity is making me think about it a bit more. I've never been tested but I know mates who have passed after 5 pints

Can you now be prosecuted on the breath test alone ? I always thought you had the chance to take a later blood test but again recent pub talk is conflicting with this.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    you don't end up puking over that slapper whose hair you're holding back so she can puke over your best mate whose nose you've just broken for puking over your bird, like we all do every night in Britain.
    Sounds like one of JD's Man Stories (NSFW)

Any story featuring the line "“Don’t finger me while I puke,” she tells me" is worth reading, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by George Parr View Post
    This idea is another kick in the knackers for our pubs that will acheive nothing positive. Instead of dealing with the binge drinking idiots who are the real problem they are targeting the decent people who enjoy a glass of wine with their meal or a pint whilst out on a Sunday afternoon.
    Decent people are the target in all of this. This Government hates them as they are not it's natural voters.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    For me it is one pint of cooking lager. Any more than that and I don't drive. The risk of losing my licence and the possibility of damaging my car on those pesky pedestrians is too much!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Has nobody pointed out the "drink driving accident statistics" include all accidents where ANY parts is over the limit and that in the majority of cases it is a sober driver and a drunk pedestrian?

It's just another way for our Alien Lizard overlords to close down pubs & breweries, increase unhappiness, raise taxes and further criminalise the population thereby allowing them to continue filling their DNA database.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The point of this was to show how alcohol is enjoyed differently by the french, but the expert went on to say that the health effects would be about the same because your liver still has to deal with the same amount of alcohol. It's just that drinking with a meal has less of an effect of your abilities short term, and you don't end up puking over that slapper whose hair you're holding back so she can puke over your best mate whose nose you've just broken for puking over your bird, like we all do every night in Britain.
    The French tend to have more physical issues with the bevy, they drink constantly but never to excess, we have more mental issues as we only drink for a few days but very heavily. Tends to make people get the heebie jeebies then taken in with alcohol psychosis.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Thought it was just one pint as they usually contain 2 units which I thought was max?

Either way I'd say even one pint too much - if you drink then don't drive. If you can't afford that then don't do either.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    or with the missus chasing you down the drive waving a golf club at you

First genuine 'lol' in while.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    I know guys who do the "two pints is OK" rule, and then they drink premium lager. Then they have a third and say "well I can take my drink" or "I've eaten" (a packet of crisps!)

They honestly believe they will breath orange if stopped. Though I know someone who actually did this (3 Kronenborg) and lit up the orange light and no more... But the fact is, two pints of weak lager onwards and you're at risk of losing your licence. If you've had a session the night before then make that one pint.

I think this is what is behind the new level -- the fact that people think they can push the current level.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I allow myself 2 pints, that was the rule of thumb many moons ago and I've stuck to it ever since !?!?!?
    Tolerance has probably got stronger over the years, so I wouldnt use that as a rule of thumb

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I allow myself 2 pints, that was the rule of thumb many moons ago and I've stuck to it ever since !?!?!?
    Beer has got stronger over the years so I wouldn't use that as a rule of thumb.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    bad idea probably over the limit

things is as others have said - the people who drink while properly bladerred are probably those that drive like nobs when sober - they are an accident waiting to happen whether they are sober or not.

reducing the legal limit will just catch a few more people who had a swift half after work - those people will then loose thir licence, their jobs, their lively hoods possibly their families

but the muppets who get lagered and drive probably do not have a licence anyway and so you cannot take it off them

once again the average man on the street is suffering because of dirty chav scum

probably

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    For the record, I often go out for a meal, have a pint and drive. Any more & I leave the car at home.

Leave a comment:

• George Parr
    replied
    The key question is how many accidents have been caused by drivers between 50 mg and 80 mg?

There was a news article on our regional program that featured a grieving mother who had recently lost her son to a drunk driver. She kept on about lowering the limit to 50mg although her son was sadly killed by a driver over twice the 80mg limit.

This idea is another kick in the knackers for our pubs that will acheive nothing positive. Instead of dealing with the binge drinking idiots who are the real problem they are targeting the decent people who enjoy a glass of wine with their meal or a pint whilst out on a Sunday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    and you don't end up puking over that slapper whose hair you're holding back so she can puke over your best mate whose nose you've just broken for puking over your bird
    Damn your CCTV

And I would've gotton away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids

Leave a comment:

Working...
X