• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Interview (Outcome) Advice"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by bandit_legs View Post
    do you think that my wife being russian might have anything to do with her not getting the job?
    Oh, FFS give it a rest.

She didn't get the job because she's married to you. OK?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    do you think that my wife being russian might have anything to do with her not getting the job?
    No, but I think her being a figment of your imagination might.

El Duder my ar*e!

Leave a comment:

• bandit_legs
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    a) she's through an agency and feedback should be through them
    b) she's been told she hasn't got it
    c) her husband went and got direct contact details through indirect channels
    d) constructive feedback will probably be something pointlessly inoffensive like "you didn't quite have the right experience for our organisation" instead of "we don't think you're intelligent enough or a good fit for the office"

Forget it, move on , they lost, your wife has got to concentrate on those people who (might) want to employ her rather than those who don't

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    a) she's through an agency and feedback should be through them
    b) she's been told she hasn't got it
    c) her husband went and got direct contact details through indirect channels
    d) constructive feedback will probably be something pointlessly inoffensive like "you didn't quite have the right experience for our organisation" instead of "we don't think you're intelligent enough or a good fit for the office"

Forget it, move on , they lost, your wife has got to concentrate on those people who (might) want to employ her rather than those who don't

Leave a comment:

• bandit_legs
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Why waste time on a failure? It's not going to acheive anything except possibly make them think slightly less of her

Tell her to leave it, move on and get looking somewhere else
    why would you think less of someone who took the time out to send you an email thanking you for your time and asking for constructive feedback?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    ive told my missus to follow it up directly anyways.
    Why waste time on a failure? It's not going to acheive anything except possibly make them think slightly less of her

Tell her to leave it, move on and get looking somewhere else

Leave a comment:

• bandit_legs
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Social networking high flying mate didnt swing it eh ?

tell her hard luck but keep at it

Decision was made before he got intouch - no harm was done just following up directly. As i know his email address, ive told my missus to follow it up directly anyways.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    she did'nt get the job. they thought she'd get to bored?!

job hasnt been offered to anyone else. interviews still commencing.
    Social networking high flying mate didnt swing it eh ?

tell her hard luck but keep at it

Leave a comment:

• bandit_legs
    replied
    The missus has been for a permie interview (non-IT), start date Jan 2010. Job was advertised (through agent) last Weds 18th Nov, she sent in her CV on the Thurs 19th and got immediate response with a request to meet agent on Friday 20th morning.

Met agent on Fri 20th, CV was submitted to client on Fri 20th.

On Tues 24th she gets a call for interview with client for Thursday 26th.

Attends interview with client on Thurs 26th and is positive with the role, she is told she will know outcome on Friday 27th (end of week) as manager is away on holiday for a week after. Second interviews will commence w/c Mon 14th Dec after his holiday.

No call on Friday 27th, so she calls agent on Fri afternoon and is told that client is busy, has cancelled his holiday and will get back to them next week with a decision.

Weds 2nd Dec now, and still no news.

Thoughts? Is this a loss-leader? Or do you think she is potentially still in the running for the position?

she did'nt get the job. they thought she'd get to bored?!

job hasnt been offered to anyone else. interviews still commencing.

Leave a comment:

• bandit_legs
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    good lad

r u still a Content Management Practicioner ?

Milan.
    i am. indeed.

is .net still the future?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    good lad

r u still a Content Management Practicioner ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• bandit_legs
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    el Duder

you are sooooo funny

has your father finally approved of you being a contractor ?

Milan.
    no im still living in sin. but ive got a big house, and big bank account to go with it.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    el Duder

you are sooooo funny

has your father finally approved of you being a contractor ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• bandit_legs
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    The triumph of hope over experience.
    look, lets just say she is already in line for the job - and he gets an email from a respected colleague it would only back his judgment that hes found the right candidate.

lets just say he gave the job to someone else - then gets an email from a respected colleage - it could make him think twice about the candidate he has just selected.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    i disagree - i reckon it would swing it for her.
    The triumph of hope over experience.

Proof of the power of social networking my bum. Proof that gossip has entered a new technological era more like.

I hope she gets the job

Leave a comment:

Working...
X