• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Worst television series"

Collapse

• premiere
    replied
    Coronation Street
    Neighbours
    Home and Away
    Any Victorian Tulipe
    Anything with Ricky Gervais
    Strictly Come Ice Dancing Factor Idol
    Hannah Montana (my kids watch this)
    Suite Life of Zack and Cody (my kids watch this)
    Wizards of Waverley Place (my kids watch this and its is actually quite good)

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Excellent show.

Pity it ended on a rather curious note.

Supposedly to fit the rewritten arc of the new films.
    It seemed to be finished off in a hurry. Everyone killed off and the main character (john) sent off to the future away from sarah (the title role)

IMO they started writing season 2 expecting a season 3 and then quickly had to finish everything off in the last 5 episodes when then they found out that they weren't getting renewed.
    That being said, the middle part of season 2 was a bit boring but the final few were brilliant and made is worthwhile sitting through the entire series.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    For intellectual stimulation, you can't beat "Bottom"
    My absolute fave!! I love it - Have seen it live 3 times too!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    I quite like it. It's like a throwback to the good old days before sitcoms had standards.
    Miranda is by no means a "must see", but it has its genuinely funny moments.

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Never seen a single episode, however, his accent can't be that bad, or the Americans wouldn't have warmed to it so.
    I know a few Americans who were very surprised to find the Hugh Laurie is a) British and b) a comedian.

Most programming is watchable. I think you lot expect too much. I've been watching Flight of the Concords. For intellectual stimulation, you can't beat "Bottom"

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post

When you absolutely, positively, gotta create a GUI interface to track an IP address, accept no substitute.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    A CSI clip for you

They use Visual Basic!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Lost.

Only in Lost can you fall out of the sky then get on the beach to top up on your tan

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Heroes or anything where sci fi meets Hollyoaks

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Loads of dodgy tulip on Sky at the mo'

Xena - Warrior Princess, Hercules, Stargate, Lost,CSI, Gilmore Girls, Bionic Woman etc....

All pap, and I know I might be letting myself down here but I rather liked The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    The 'Miami' in that show is from the mirror universe.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
    CSI - where the lab technicians carry guns, interview suspects and solve all cases and the detectives seem to be just decorative add-ons.

CSI Miami is weird - the lead, 'Horatio', seems to have had acting lessons from David Carradine of Kung Fu fame. After any major event he comes up with some pseudo-philosophical bull and then looks out to the horizon and the camera then fades away.
    I quite like CSI but only the Las Vegas and NY ones. It's super far-fetched though.

Miami as you quite rightly say is weird - bordering on being a complete bag of tulipe.

Leave a comment:

• Naaarwich
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I always thought TV comedy hit its nadir with Birds of a Feather. I would have reserved that opinion if I'd had a peek into the future and seen bilge like 2 Pints of Lager.
    An estate agent from Chigwell told me that he and all his colleagues hate Birds of a Feather because it reinforced the view that Chigwell is just full of chavs and second hand car salesmen. So Birds of a Feather is funny and pisses of estate agents - brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    I always thought TV comedy hit its nadir with Birds of a Feather. I would have reserved that opinion if I'd had a peek into the future and seen bilge like 2 Pints of Lager.

Leave a comment:

• Naaarwich
    replied
    CSI - where the lab technicians carry guns, interview suspects and solve all cases and the detectives seem to be just decorative add-ons.

CSI Miami is weird - the lead, 'Horatio', seems to have had acting lessons from David Carradine of Kung Fu fame. After any major event he comes up with some pseudo-philosophical bull and then looks out to the horizon and the camera then fades away.
    Last edited by Naaarwich; 1 December 2009, 12:46.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post

House - I dont know what's worse - Americans doing really bad English accents or British actors doing 'American' accents. Story always the same - grumpy doctor with bad accent diagnoses an obscure illness.

Originally posted by Flubster View Post

I may be in the minority here, but I actually like House. Same basic episode structure, but lots of background plots throughout the seasons.
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Ha - I love it! Well, first four-and-a-half seasons.

Then they tried to get all serious, and it's crap now.
    I love House too. Some of the lines he comes out with are classic.

The Most Watched TV Show in the World at the moment, apparently.
    Last edited by Clippy; 1 December 2009, 12:36.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X