• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "LSE trading suspended"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Explanation

Let's not forget what happened on the 8th September 2008
    LONDON (Reuters) - The London Stock Exchange (LSE.L) suffered its worst systems failure in eight years on Monday, forcing the world's third largest share market to suspend trading for about seven hours and infuriating its users.
    In a former existence I was privy to the details of the one eight years previously. Yes there was a human cockup (and a fix was suggested to make sure it didn't happen again), but the length of the outage came from a lack of management decision to bite the bullet and roll back early enough.

But that was before the Microsoft/Accenture thingy.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Phone to to Accenture's helpy-desky in Bangalore;

Sys Admin; 'Erm, hello, I'm the systems admin at the London Stock Exchange, we have a complete system crash and everyone has a blue screen of death'.

Bob S; ' Yessir, we are understanding your challenge today, will you be kindly pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete and restarting your computer'

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Presumably this isn't a high-volume trading day, hence the fallback to 0% reliability
    I think you'll find (I hate that expression) it is currently still at 100% reliability.

Just as trains that are cancelled do not count as 'late' but as 'on time'.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Benefits
    • Substantially faster for trades than previous system
    • One hundred per cent reliable on high-volume trading days

Presumably this isn't a high-volume trading day, hence the fallback to 0% reliability

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    thanks

"support from Microsoft and Accenture"

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Explanation

Let's not forget what happened on the 8th September 2008

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    This happened on Amsterdam's AEX a couple of weeks ago. Coincidentally or otherwise, ING's shares were disappearing down the bog at the time and the AEX claimed there was a ´technical fault due to too many sale orders coming in at the same time for one company´s shares´.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    WTF, the thread took so long to appear I ended up with a duplicate.
    Yes, the fabled 'second coming'.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    WTF, the thread took so long to appear I ended up with a duplicate.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Does this sort of thing happen often?
    No. They must actually test the s/w. It'll be interesting to see what has happened ?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    started a topic LSE trading suspended

LSE trading suspended

http://www.moneyweek.com/news-and-ch...1126-1243.aspx

Caused by connectivity issues apparently. Also it was plunging like a heavy plunging thing just before technical difficulties arose. It's probably nothing though. Does this sort of thing happen often?

Working...
X