• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A 'Roll & Sausage' or a 'Sausage Roll'"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    A sausage roll does indeed contain sausage meat, I know, I used to make them. My boss tried to add half his finger to the mix once.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    The sausage roll is completely different. Firstly, it is not in a roll. Secondly, it does not contain a sausage (well, not one that would pass for a sausage in a proper meal anyway)
    Indeed, it is a 'sausagemeat turnover'.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    The sausage roll is completely different. Firstly, it is not in a roll. Secondly, it does not contain a sausage (well, not one that would pass for a sausage in a proper meal anyway)

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I'm sure that Andyw's mum would make whatever you want.
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Sausage-up-a-side-street.
    In her case it's more of a motorway

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Minestrone cleverly presents an IT Allegory. The real intent and meaning of the Allegory has been entirely missed, except by my own sagacious and original mind. The clue is in the two different menus, with the same terminology, for differeny items. When the clue is found, however, the meaning of each part of the procession becomes obvious and simple a roll, for example, serves as 'a touching symbol of the great English greasy spoon'. As the replies pass before him, Mr. Minestrone succeeds in finding his 'discovery' of the threads latent meaning confirmed by every succeeding comment. The threads humor derives in the first instance from Mr. Minestrones displays of wit and originality in the pursuit of latent meaning. Yet as the comments unfold, another layer of irony quickly demonstrates the Allegory is lost on the audience.

Well done with the recent sarky stuff!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    I'm not sure life is mean't to be this complicated.
    Minestrone cleverly presents an IT Allegory. The real intent and meaning of the Allegory has been entirely missed, except by my own sagacious and original mind. The clue is in the two different menus, with the same terminology, for differeny items. When the clue is found, however, the meaning of each part of the procession becomes obvious and simple a roll, for example, serves as 'a touching symbol of the great English greasy spoon'. As the replies pass before him, Mr. Minestrone succeeds in finding his 'discovery' of the threads latent meaning confirmed by every succeeding comment. The threads humor derives in the first instance from Mr. Minestrones displays of wit and originality in the pursuit of latent meaning. Yet as the comments unfold, another layer of irony quickly demonstrates the Allegory is lost on the audience.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
    I'd like that chip butty Toolpusher has contructed
    mmm. Makes me hungry...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I'm sure that Andyw's mum would make whatever you want.
    Sausage-up-a-side-street.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Just ask for a sausage sandwich - simples

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    I'm not sure life is mean't to be this complicated.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I decided to go to the canteen this morning and get a 'roll & sausage' which is called a 'sausage roll' on the menu.

Now if I went down to Greggs at lunch time and asked for a 'sausage roll' they would give me a hot savoury snack made with pastry and not bread.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    They did me a cumberland sausage butty with english mustard yesterday at the Truckers stop near Lyme services

Leave a comment:

• SorenLorensen
    replied
    Def a roll 'n' sausage.

Best poll we've had on here for months!

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I'd be too embarassed at being over-familiar and rude.

YMMV

It's not really rude is it?

I ask, they could always refuse - anyway I go in there 3 times a week, I'm one of the family...

I might ask them to add it to the menu.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Although a hot steamy night with HAB will also have you saying "Om nom nom" in the morning while hot juices dribble down your chin.

(I hear he cooks a fine breakfast.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X