• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Another rant

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another rant"

Collapse

• PorkPie
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Yep speak to SasGuru. He's the smartest bloke on here.

Special T-shirt for him:

http://bit.ly/8kOjT7

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    And end up working for someone similar.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Another encounter with an agent who hasn't the faintest clue, and cares less, what any of those terms actually mean.
    ...and I still have to get them to send my CV to someone from the purchasing department at clientco, who ´hasn't the faintest clue, and cares less, what any of those terms actually mean´.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    .... 'Yes but do you have experience with User acceptance testing, System tests, Integration tests?...
    Another encounter with an agent who hasn't the faintest clue, and cares less, what any of those terms actually mean.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    'Name a good white basketball player'
    Woody Harelson in White Men Can't Jump

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Agent phones having recieved my CV for a testco role. CV shows >10 yrs experience in testing and test management plus ISEB Practitioner. 'Yes but do you have experience with User acceptance testing, System tests, Integration tests? Do you have experience with ISEB? Have you worked on Prince 2 projects?'

Erm, yes, that's the kind of thing Test Managers do for a living.

Agents, would you phone a carpenter and ask him whether he's ever used a fuqqing saw? Or when you book your car in for servicing do you ask whether the lead mechanic knows what a fuqqing spanner is?

Honestly, why do I have to spend my days talking to people with the intelligence of dangleberries?
    Look at it another way. Imagine it's worls war 2 and these are the questions they ask you to ensure you are one of the good guys. You know like

'Name a good white basketball player'

'there are no good white basketball players'

top secret circa 198X

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

We need to get Sas a figjam t-shirt for the cuk secret santa.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    fixed that for you
    thats hardly fair Dave.
    He was on here telling us about some book he read that was written by some bloke. It sounded brainy.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Yep speak to SasGuru. He's the smartarse on here.

fixed that for you

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied

Knows statistics and everything

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Well I am a bit slow but am sure there some clever folk on cuk

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

Honestly, why do I have to spend my days talking to people with the intelligence of dangleberries?
    Well I am a bit slow but am sure there some clever folk on cuk

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    started a topic Another rant

Another rant

Agent phones having recieved my CV for a testco role. CV shows >10 yrs experience in testing and test management plus ISEB Practitioner. 'Yes but do you have experience with User acceptance testing, System tests, Integration tests? Do you have experience with ISEB? Have you worked on Prince 2 projects?'

Erm, yes, that's the kind of thing Test Managers do for a living.

Agents, would you phone a carpenter and ask him whether he's ever used a fuqqing saw? Or when you book your car in for servicing do you ask whether the lead mechanic knows what a fuqqing spanner is?

Working...
X