• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The liars are still at it."

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    And of course we'll have another ice age anyway ... once the natural cycle of warming is over ...
    They'll put a huge tax on anything that doesn't produce CO2 or uses little energy.

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Originally posted by pyates210 View Post
    I think you are missing the point.... the real question is; are we responsible for global warming? I thinks the so called facts here are disputable. Undoubebly there will be global warming.... Are we responsible for it? not sure.
    And of course we'll have another ice age anyway ... once the natural cycle of warming is over ...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Is doom-mongery well-paid?

No.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...te-change.html

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    It pays a pittance, I can barely afford to keep my fleet of supercars in gas.

- Al

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    There's another lot of doom-mongers who say a big volcano going off like St Helena and Krakatoa undoes decades of carbon saving in one bash.

And there's yet another lot of doom-mongers who reckon we're well into the second half of the world's oil and gas reserves, so it won't be a problem for ever.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    The winter of 1946 was the worst on record.

The winter of 1947 was comparativly mild.

Weather changes year in year out.

This causes climate fluctuations.

End of!

Leave a comment:

• pyates210
    replied
    Air Head?

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    Nuclear Weapons: No threat there, just ask the Japanese.

Aids: No threat???? Are you really THAT stupid

Global Warming: It is irrefutable now. You are a science air-head if you don't believe it. But maybe you should wait for the 10% of the human-race who are dislocated due to rising sea-levels to come round to your house before you believe.

The rain in Cumbria was an isolated weather incident, but global warming is real and rest assured that humans are causing it and that it is having profound effects on the ecosystem of this planet.

If you don't agree please feel free to say so on www.iamamoron.com.

using the following credentials

Username: Jeremy
    Password: Clarkson
    I think you are missing the point.... the real question is; are we responsible for global warming? I thinks the so called facts here are disputable. Undoubebly there will be global warming.... Are we responsible for it? not sure.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Dear Sir,

Given the doom-mongers' reports that Antarctica is losing ice the size of Wales every year, and the Arctic ice-sheet is only half as big as it was, why aren't sea-levels already rising and dislocating them?

Mr S. Air-Head
    London
    The Arctic ice is irrelevant to sea levels. If it all melted it would make no difference at all. (Of course Antarctica is a different story. That could make us very wet indeed.)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    The article starts: "WHEN I was a postdoc, I was often short of money and used to earn a little extra cash by telling fortunes using a pack of 15th-century tarot cards....Then I discovered that the government would pay me a very large salary to create unfathomable statistical models of the climate as long as the output showed the world was warming. When the model showed no warming, the government was not interested in paying me to play with numbers anymore."

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Great article here from a global warming doom-sayer.

The article starts: "WHEN I was a postdoc, I was often short of money and used to earn a little extra cash by telling fortunes using a pack of 15th-century tarot cards...."

About the author: "Alun Anderson is a consultant (and former editor-in-chief and publishing director) at New Scientist"

ffs

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    Global Warming: It is irrefutable now. You are a science air-head if you don't believe it. But maybe you should wait for the 10% of the human-race who are dislocated due to rising sea-levels to come round to your house before you believe.
    Dear Sir,

Given the doom-mongers' reports that Antarctica is losing ice the size of Wales every year, and the Arctic ice-sheet is only half as big as it was, why aren't sea-levels already rising and dislocating them?

Mr S. Air-Head
    London

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    They did not only massage the data but even programmed the data to make it look nasty.

Here they are discussing it

http://www.tickerforum.org/cgi-ticke...118625&page=13

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    But maybe you should wait for the 10% of the human-race who are dislocated due to rising sea-levels to come round to your house before you believe.
    Ahh, I wondered where Gordon was going to find the extra 20,000,000 immigrants that are planned a place here over the next few years.

Sorted!

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Nuclear Weapons: No threat there, just ask the Japanese.

Aids: No threat???? Are you really THAT stupid

The rain in Cumbria was an isolated weather incident, but global warming is real and rest assured that humans are causing it and that it is having profound effects on the ecosystem of this planet.

If you don't agree please feel free to say so on www.iamamoron.com.

using the following credentials

Username: Jeremy
    Password: Clarkson

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    I thought is was all because of el nino?

Anyhoo, as a kid growing up in the 80s I know we are all going to die of either Aids or a nuclear bomb soon so no point worrying about anything.

That's of course asuming the eggs don't get us first.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X