• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Back in the Game!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Back in the Game!"

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    Do you really think he needs luck when he can sell fake Ming vases to software contractors?
    I've met him. He needs luck.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Do you really think he needs luck when he can sell fake Ming vases to software contractors?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Good luck!
    WHS.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Interview tomorrow.

Central London.

100% interview to offer rate
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Interview tomorrow.

Central London.

100% interview to offer rate

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    with old boys like that who needs enemies?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    MF should work in telecoms since he can start an argument in a telephone box
    Thats the gig I was after.

I was supposed to be starting at a software company on a juicy 12 month contract. Old boys network obviously. My old boss was VP there, hence the reason for jacking my old job. Unfortunetly, they had a cut back and he jacked it the week I was supposed to start.

Hence, back in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    MF should work in telecoms since he can start an argument in a telephone box

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    BI Manager.
    Speak to HAB.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Don't you just hate it when someone has the "in" skills - bloody business intelligence. "Look at me, I know how to get data out of a database using someone elses product".

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Seems to be a bit around. Little more choosy this time around, more Program Manager, BI Manager. Had a sniffer back on a £650pd, but was wondering if Jobserve is still the No 1 place to look.

If push comes to shove, I'll pick up a low grade contract like Dim or Sas.

BTW, for the youngster who posted in, please only comment if you've started puberty.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Evening all.

Ive had my six weeks off and it's time to get back in the game. Now, in the past I've always used Jobserve to get roles, not bothering about what I get. This time, I fancy

1) Posting up my CV for perusal by agents
    2) Tracking down management roles

So is Jobserve the best for this?

Any other recommendations from the panel?
    I think you might have been about 6 weeks early...

Things start to warm up after the January sales (as you well know... )

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Don't try selling everyone clearance stock on the first day.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Ooh good! What are we playing - perm or contract?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Any other recommendations from the panel?
    Don't punch the boss
    Don't tell everyone they are an idiot on the first day

Leave a comment:

Working...
X