• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Apparently cats can sneeze"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    My big ginger Tom sneezed last summer, and a big bit of grass was left hanging out of his nose.
    The poor fellow nearly went cross-eyed as he was trying to work out what was going on. The missus grabbed a tissue and pulled it out, snot and all.

Apparently they eat a lot of grass.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Yup.

That sums it up.

Must be a contractor.
    so that's where all my hard earned money is going... pesky Norpusses are fleecing me accounts.

And they're probably moonlighting as dentists.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    So, you're provided tied accommodation, free board, free private medical cover, and yet not put any specific deliverables in her contract? That explains it.

She knows she's well inside IR35 and so is behaving like a permie.
    what like not doing any work, lazing around all day and expecting to be waited on?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I never owned a cat that was a qualified dentist, but I do have one that is an accomplished engineer. Whenever I aim a kick at her she makes a bolt for the door.

Groan !

But I like it

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Was there anything in her contract about that?
    Er.

No.
    So, you're provided tied accommodation, free board, free private medical cover, and yet not put any specific deliverables in her contract? That explains it.

She knows she's well inside IR35 and so is behaving like a permie.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    I knew they could sneeze, but didn't know they had dental work.
    Full set of cosmetic veneers. Because you're worth it.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    And it would be nice if, in return for said dental care, she got off her arse & caught that mouse/rat/whatever in the shed.
    Was there anything in her contract about that?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I never owned a cat that was a qualified dentist, but I do have one that is an acomplished engineer. Whenever I aim a kick at her she makes a bolt for the door.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Indeed. I know may are employed in rodent capture roles but I suppose a feline's inherent casual cruelty makes them well qualified to become dentists.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Mine do it all the time.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic Apparently cats can sneeze

Apparently cats can sneeze

Ours went to the vet this week for some dental work, since then has begun sneezing quite a lot. I never knew they could do this.

Working...
X