• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor Lifestyle"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    That brings back memories
    In the Motherland you could make a cat serve 6?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    That brings back memories

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Little dinner party, had a glass or two. Oops! Cook has just realised there isn't quite enough mayonnaise for the egg and chips.

So, I fetched the neighbour’s cat and laced its boil
    Criss-cross? Under-over? Biking? Sawtooth? Shop?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Little dinner party, had a glass or two. Oops! Cook has just realised there isn't quite enough cream for the apple pie desert.

So, I've phoned for a taxi to go buy some and fetch it.
    Eh? Where I come from permies and unemployed folks did that.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Little dinner party, had a glass or two. Oops! Cook has just realised there isn't quite enough mayonnaise for the egg and chips.

So, I fetched the neighbour’s cat and lanced its boil
    Last edited by Paddy; 21 November 2009, 22:38.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    used to do that for booze when we were underage, and no contractor cash coming in!!
    You'll just have to expand on that, as I don't quite see the relationship to the thread...

I'm here acting as 'judge', Googling like mad when there's a disagreement: "That's the wrong font for a Police station sign!" Trying to concentrate on finding a picture whilst sat in a chair with two rather large chested girls stood very close either side pressing me to perform to their side of the argument.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    used to do that for booze when we were underage, and no contractor cash coming in!!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Is your cook so incompetent that she cannot manage the kitchen stores, or is she the best you can afford? I’d have words with your housekeeper about getting a replacement. Why is being brought to your attention; your staff should sort all this out without having to trouble you with this trivia.
    I think it could be something to do with me nicking some earlier... I run things more on a matrix mngt so housekeeper is allowed to boss/chide/make example of me about stuff when it's her area of responsibility. I enjoy it.

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Anyway, can’t you get some sent up from the dairy on the home farm on your estate?
    There're some odd EU rules. I'm know I'm allowed to take whole milk, pre-pasteuriser, but after that I'm fuzzy and leave it to the staff.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I can think of a lateral solution to this dilemma, full of protein, but I don't think the guests are going to like it...
    No, because they'd be expecting something chilled.

They're all watching "Small and big sins" (aka Heartbeat) now. Playing "spot the anachronism"

These are Danes:
    "Oh, Fylingdales is just to the left of that shot. They could include that."
    "Yes, but it's been upgraded since. There's a big trapezoidal thing now."

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Is your cook so incompetent that she cannot manage the kitchen stores, or is she the best you can afford? I’d have words with your housekeeper about getting a replacement. Why is being brought to your attention; your staff should sort all this out without having to trouble you with this trivia.

Anyway, can’t you get some sent up from the dairy on the home farm on your estate?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Little dinner party, had a glass or two. Oops! Cook has just realised there isn't quite enough cream for the apple pie desert.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Cook has just realised there isn't quite enough cream for the apple pie desert.
    I can think of a lateral solution to this dilemma, full of protein, but I don't think the guests are going to like it...

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied

Are you in 'Come dine with me'?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    Taxi?

A real contractor would call a stretch limo to go get it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X