• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gold could reach $5000 USD per ounce"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Dim,

i see a pattern forming here...

. you sold your euros for pounds prior to the devaluation of the pound

. you sold your shiny metal at under $1000 prior to the shiny metal going up

do you have any other gems for us ?

you could also help us, please tell us when you buy or sell and we will do the opposite

thanks,

Milan.
    Don't use the following number on the Lotto:

You will never win with these numbers.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Dim,

i see a pattern forming here...

. you sold your euros for pounds prior to the devaluation of the pound

. you sold your shiny metal at under $1000 prior to the shiny metal going up

do you have any other gems for us ?

you could also help us, please tell us when you buy or sell and we will do the opposite

thanks,

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Where's the poll?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    timberwolf

the pound, like the dollar and euro, is dropping everyday against gold,

here is a very nice screen which you should check every morning:

http://www.taxfreegold.co.uk/goldpriceslive.html

this website is actually very useful as it lists £ and $ and Euro against AU,

and if you check it each morning it is easy to judge where confidence is or isn't for example, gold price up in dollars and no movement in eur and gbp, confidence in US economy and/or dollar is going down, gold price up in dollars and eur and gbp then confidence in the whole financial situation going down,
    and of course, in general, gold price up things are bad, gold price down things are good

so really for us lot the best will be a low gold price as it will be a general indicator that things are good,

but on the other side, as we know things are a little fecked these days, and therefore gold is the only liquid safe haven I say liquid as property is also a safe haven but less liquid, then as we know things are fecked safest is to get into au

of course, everybody do your own research and never take financial advice from a .net contractor

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    It's not often I can trump the millionaire DP but:

"I have considerably more gold than yow"
    I stupidly sold at well under $1000 an ounce for more worthless ££ expecting to buy a property that I never bought in the end.

I'm buying back in on any dips, month by month.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I think I'll watch and wait and see how the Pound fares for a bit longer - it's been doing okay recently, and I have no idea why. Anyone know why the Pound isn't dropping like a stone?

Are there any small print issues to be wary of with Bullionvault?

Edit: It (the £) is dropping today though.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I just have a spread bet on the FEB 10 gold future which is currently doing very nicely

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied

yaow

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

WHS

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It certainly would make me happy. I've got two kilos of the stuff.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    It certainly would make me happy. I've got two kilos of the stuff.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    That would make my wife extremely wealthy - she has a couple of troy ounces in the safe. Not to mention the 24k gold earring and bangles.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    http://www.bullionvault.com/gold-price-chart.do

Needs Java.

Choose your currency and date range.
    Thanks. As it happens, I was just looking. Not so good against AUD in the last year (gold dropping in price considerably), but I must admit I am tempted (again), as I have £'s. The thinking being that average Americans may yet pile in and push it higher. Are you still buying?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/gold_5000_111720091

If gold reaches $5000 per ounce it means the USA has gone bankrupt.
    Was there ever any doubt that this was going to happen? Within the next two years I am told.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Is there any point in looking at the price of gold in Dollars any more? Wouldn't it make more sense (for us at least) to compare to Pounds? Has gold risen against the Ozzie Dollar?
    http://www.bullionvault.com/gold-price-chart.do

Needs Java.

Choose your currency and date range.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X