• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold could reach $5000 USD per ounce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It certainly would make me happy. I've got two kilos of the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      It certainly would make me happy. I've got two kilos of the stuff.
      It's not often I can trump the millionaire DP but:

"I have considerably more gold than yow"

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post

WHS
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

yaow
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I just have a spread bet on the FEB 10 gold future which is currently doing very nicely
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I think I'll watch and wait and see how the Pound fares for a bit longer - it's been doing okay recently, and I have no idea why. Anyone know why the Pound isn't dropping like a stone?

Are there any small print issues to be wary of with Bullionvault?

Edit: It (the £) is dropping today though.

Comment

I stupidly sold at well under $1000 an ounce for more worthless ££ expecting to buy a property that I never bought in the end.

I'm buying back in on any dips, month by month.

Comment

timberwolf

the pound, like the dollar and euro, is dropping everyday against gold,

here is a very nice screen which you should check every morning:

http://www.taxfreegold.co.uk/goldpriceslive.html

this website is actually very useful as it lists £ and $ and Euro against AU,

and if you check it each morning it is easy to judge where confidence is or isn't for example, gold price up in dollars and no movement in eur and gbp, confidence in US economy and/or dollar is going down, gold price up in dollars and eur and gbp then confidence in the whole financial situation going down,
                  and of course, in general, gold price up things are bad, gold price down things are good

so really for us lot the best will be a low gold price as it will be a general indicator that things are good,

but on the other side, as we know things are a little fecked these days, and therefore gold is the only liquid safe haven I say liquid as property is also a safe haven but less liquid, then as we know things are fecked safest is to get into au

of course, everybody do your own research and never take financial advice from a .net contractor

Milan.

Comment

Where's the poll?

Comment

Dim,

i see a pattern forming here...

. you sold your euros for pounds prior to the devaluation of the pound

. you sold your shiny metal at under $1000 prior to the shiny metal going up

do you have any other gems for us ?

you could also help us, please tell us when you buy or sell and we will do the opposite

thanks,

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X