• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Children in need

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Children in need"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    So as the top 5% of earners I imagine we'll all be giving generously?
    We all give very generously to assist the health and education and support of children, it's called, income tax, corporation tax, national insurance, capital gains tax, value added tax, fuel duty, road fund licence, flight tax, insurance tax, stamp duty, alcohol duty, etc, etc.

And brings the 5% of top earners to a level similar to the 5% of top benefit recipients.

Oh and £147 p.a. BBC tax too.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    not a big fan of these things, I set up standing orders to the charities I wish to support and give monthly. No fuss, no bother and no need for the BBC to make several hours of television from it.
    WSS

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Toolpusher
    Still better than me. I'm not even an earner.....
    No, nor am I.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I missed the deadline for my timesheet last week. So I'm in the bottom 0% of earners until next monday.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    not a big fan of these things, I set up standing orders to the charities I wish to support and give monthly. No fuss, no bother and no need for the BBC to make several hours of television from it.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    1. Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
    2. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
    3. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
    4. That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Speak for yourself. I'm firmly in the bottom 1% of earners at the moment.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Begathons annoy me so I'll give the same I have in previous years.

Naff all...

Bah humbug and bollards to the "celebrity fundraisers", as we all know these begathons are about exposure for celebs.

I give to charities that I believe in (a local hospice helped a neighbour die with dignity) and there are a couple of others, beyond those I ignore all tin rattlers.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Toolpusher
    Still better than me. I'm not even an earner.....
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Despite my straightened circumstances, I promise to give them no less than I have done in previous years.

Bugger all.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Yes, they will have all of the coppers I collect in the top of my desk for the purpose each year. I might even get the missus to bake something for the cake sale...

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Speak for yourself. I'm firmly in the bottom 1% of earners at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    started a topic Children in need

Children in need

Working...
X