• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How would the population react if there wasn't TV?"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    My grandfather is fond of saying 'before TV we used to make our own fun'. My response was 'that would explain why birth rates were so much higher.'

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    How would the population react if there wasn't TV?

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    I've often wondered.....

Would it be a new golden age?
    No, they'd just fritter away their time on useless online forums.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Jardon
    replied
    What no TV?

Well I can hardly believe it myself, but I gave up TV (receiving a signal) more than 15 years ago.

Have become a big fan of radio.

Don't miss it a bit and have loads of time for hobbies I've developed over the years.

Interestingly, whilst away on a long term contract 'up north' I rented a holiday cottage so the 'Fam' could join me. Within 1 day of regular TV the kids had learn't the 'I want' phrase, from watching the adverts for toy's etc.......

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    I only watch MOTD. Any more posting of scores before I have watched it (like last week!) will result in some serious slapping. Would not be bothered if the TV did not work at all. The kids would get mightily peeved though!

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    But that would mean no Babestation

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Not many people would care, unless you think he will be England manager again soon.

Ill get me coat.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I don't watch TV at all during the week - it's carp and in a foreign language for a start.

I'll maybe watch an hour or two over the weekend, usually something like 'life' that's 'on demand'.

I don't think I'm missing much based on the number of facebook status updates with the word jedward in.

Leave a comment:

• Toastiness
    replied
    They would do what what they did before TV.

Listen to the radio.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    There would be another means to subdue the population in it place.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    I've often wondered.....

There would be a revolution as people suddenly started thinking for themselves

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    started a topic How would the population react if there wasn't TV?

How would the population react if there wasn't TV?

I've often wondered.....

Working...
X