• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What to buy my 14 year old niece for her birthday"

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Hmm, except her hair is as straight as a gun barrel already.

But keep thinking
    In that case, women being women, the chances are that she'll hate her hair the way it is, so some sort of curling device might be the thing to look at.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Does she like science? You could buy her The Double Helix and/or similar works for inspiration. The shorter OED?

(slip her a few quid on the qt to go for a pizza with her equally stressed mates)

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    My 14 year old neices both read a lot. I'd split the present and get her get some book vouchers and and some music downloads.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Glazza View Post
    Hair straighteners - much cooler(sic) than a hair dryer if you are into sibling rivalry
    Hmm, except her hair is as straight as a gun barrel already.

But keep thinking

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I've been ordered to buy her something "educational". So as CM rightly said, dildos and tongue piercing kits etc, and God knows what, are out!

But then so are ipods and any similar musical gadgets, unfortunately, as they are probably what she would have liked. So what the heck do you buy someone to help them pass their GCSEs?

Actually, I think someone mentioned some educational presents. So I'll have another look at the replies. (Thanks to *most* people who replied.)

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    How about some shares in a couple of recruitment agencies??

A makeover, hair do, nails etc??

Mobile phone, games for console, books, DVD's CD's??

£20 voucher for C&A??

Something fun like go carting or cooking lesson weekend away for her and here mates??

Concert, show or similar, followed by a meal etc??

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    as someone else suggest - the twilight series in books are a good read.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I believe there's one which covers correct use of apostrophes, too

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Ten shilling postal order

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Diestl View Post
    GCSE study books, shell thank you for it, maybe not now but in 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    GCSE study books, shell thank you for it, maybe not now but in 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    A lockable diary.
    It isn't 1947...

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Boots No7 make-up set

Hair straightners

Some sparkely tulip from Claire's accessories (bags, scarves, hair accessories, chunky necklaces, etc)

Appointment to get her nails painted

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
    One of those Rampanty Rabbit things and a pack of those new USB rechargeable AA batteries?
    Trying to make this teckie with the USB port

Leave a comment:

Working...
X