• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "TV Programmes You Watched As A Child..."

Collapse

• conned tractor
    replied
    I'm sure when I was a nipper I used to watch sinbad with my dad, although it is a distant memory.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Evenin' all. <bends knees>

Not quite the Sweeney though - "can I kick him in the <family jewels> now Guv?"
    Juliet Bravo...

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Toolpusher
    Dixon of Dock Green
    Evenin' all. <bends knees>

Not quite the Sweeney though - "can I kick him in the <family jewels> now Guv?"

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Titter ye not, missus
    Nay, nay and thrice nay!

Leave a comment:

• TinTrump
    replied
    Originally posted by Iron Condor View Post
    Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
    Did anyone else think that the robot, Twiki(?) was, quite literally, a kn0bhead?
    Last edited by TinTrump; 14 November 2009, 07:43. Reason: Amended quote

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Iron Condor View Post
    Roland Rat Show
    Sooty Show
    Rainbow

Leave a comment:

• Iron Condor
    replied
    Roland Rat Show
    Sooty Show
    Rainbow

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I've just noticed that (thanks to this thread) I have passed the 2,000 post threshold and now have the status "Super poster".

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Don't forget "The Prologue"
    How could I forget?

And that reminds me of "The Epilogue", a religious programme just before closedown. Notably absent from Google.

Speaking of late night stuff. Why Oh Why did the UK channels always put on that loud tone after closedown? It was downright unpleasant if you feel asleep on the sofa and woke up to it and I've never experienced it in other countries.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Titter ye not, missus

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    "Up Pompeii!" with Frankie Howerd (catch phrase "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum")

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

With proper wobbly BBC sets.
    "Up Pompeii!" with Frankie Howerd (catch phrase "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum")

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    All our Yesterdays
    Excellent programme, just at the time I was studding WW2 at school.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    All our Yesterdays
    Amazing. Looking at its Wiki I found Hoch Der Lambeth Valk. Who said our parents/grandparents had no sense of humour?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    All our Yesterdays

Leave a comment:

Working...
X