• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best Book youve read this Year ..."

Collapse

• zeitghost
    replied
    The Soul of a New Machine - Tracy Kidder.

A Computer named Leo.

Yes. I am a boring old fart.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Best Book youve read this Year ...

Mikhail Bulgakov. The Master and Margarita

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    Always knew you were a "Backdoor Man"

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    Hey what about that pension crisis then?

(slips out of back door while attention is distracted)
    Always knew you were a "Backdoor Man"

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    La La La La

Your a slippery eel of a bloke aren't you?
    We discuss one thing then you point and go La La La LA LA! and change the subject. And as to the question? You should know Blue is the colour
    Hey what about that pension crisis then?

(slips out of back door while attention is distracted)

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Mein Kampf, by A. Hitler
    The War of the Worlds, by H. G. Wells

I like to keep abreast of where the amateurs went wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    what's up, on the rag, are you?
    Your a slippery eel of a bloke aren't you?
    We discuss one thing then you point and go La La La LA LA! and change the subject. And as to the question? You should know Blue is the colour

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    I'm glad I have someone like you to correct any mistakes in my typing...
    And I doubt it was the Beano.....More like the Bunty
    Ah yes, Bunty, that wonderful middleclassed magazine for inquisitive teenage virgins...who could forget the Four Marys: Cotter, Field, Radleigh and Simpson, friends at St Elmo's School for Girls, had discovered that a girl band, B True, who had bought property nearby, were being cheated by the (recruitment) agent, Jed "Dodgy" Upton.

Oooh, I've said too much...

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    >Arturo the Aqua-Boy, who has flippers and an enormous need to be loved.

Remind you of anyone Milan ?

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Look my monkey friends, let's not pretend you read proppa novels on the tin can. Here is something much more up your alley - it is autobiographical for most of you.

Geek Love
    A wild, often horrifying, novel about freaks, geeks and other aberrancies of the human condition who travel together (a whole family of them) as a circus.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/037...books&v=glance

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    You're in a bad mood today

what's up, on the rag, are you?

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    I'm glad I have someone like you to correct any mistakes in my typing...
    And I doubt it was the Beano.....More like the Bunty

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Woohoo

S'funny DundeeGeorge, your not hot on Irony and sarcasm are you?
    You know how much I was trying to get you to read something other than the Daily Mirror this week.
    that would be 'you're'

The Daily Mirror, do they still print that then? I haven't seen it in years, I get all of my political knowledge and comment from the Beano actually (it is after all the most rabidly right-wing rag in the country (as befits a comic whose spiritual home is, ooh, let me hink, yes, Dundee!)

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    you're a permie ?

I too, rest my case m'lud

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    sasguru,

that is where you are wrong...

"PS Milan, if you have to read a book about being an entrepreneur, then you are most certainly not one. Forget Plan B.",

if you think you already know everything and there is nothing more you can learn you will almost certainly fail with your plan b

if you have a plan b, and read such a book and it inspires you to consider things you have not already considered then you have learn't something

if you read such a book and learn nothing new, it confrims you already have the right skills and are moving in the right direction

Milan.
    I rest my case, m'lud

Leave a comment:

Working...
X