• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hotel WiFi

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hotel WiFi"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I just laughed at the guy at Turnberry when he told me it was 7 quid an hour for internet.

I can manage to get by with sticking the laptop into the phone but 7 quid a flipin hour.
    Go down to the bar and console yourself with an £8 bottle of lager.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I just laughed at the guy at Turnberry when he told me it was 7 quid an hour for internet.

I can manage to get by with sticking the laptop into the phone but 7 quid a feckin hour.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    What a rip off.

I have a tin can with a piece of string connected to another tin can in the monarch's winter residence at Amalienborg. When I want to obtain information from the web, I bellow the URL into the can, and HM The Queen of Denmark then reads the content aloud into the can at her end.

- threaded
    What with you being to "tech minded" and all I'm suprised you don't get her to print it out and fax it over

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    What a rip off.

Using a vodafone 3G stick 3 gig a month (18 month contract) £9.50 a month.
    What a rip off.

Using an HSDPA (faster than 3G) enabled phone as a WiFi access point, 1 month contract, O2 "unlimited" web bolt-on - £5.00 a month.
    What a rip off.

I have a tin can with a piece of string connected to another tin can in the monarch's winter residence at Amalienborg. When I want to obtain information from the web, I bellow the URL into the can, and HM The Queen of Denmark then reads the content aloud into the can at her end.

- threaded

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    What a rip off.

When I got it, it was the best on offer 18 month contract and it expires next month!
    I'll be shopping around

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    What a rip off.

What a rip off.

Using an HSDPA (faster than 3G) enabled phone as a WiFi access point, 1 month contract, O2 "unlimited" web bolt-on - £5.00 a month.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    3G modem cost me £15 per month
    What a rip off.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    That's enough to post endless drivel in TDP
    What's TDP? Is it a new drivel thread that I've somehow missed?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    You paid £6.99 when you already had near 1mb/s?
    Agreed, I should have checked 3G reception first, I'm a bit north and in the "sticks" so thought it wouldn't be up to much.
    Good job I'm a contractor. Tomorrows trip to the bogs for a number 2 should cover that outlay

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Why bother

The Cloud (Holidayinn express hotel) is currently giving me 0.1mb/s
    3G modem gives me 0.9mb/s

coughing up for Wifi I just wasted £6.99 for 3 hours worth
    You paid £6.99 when you already had near 1mb/s?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The Cloud (Holidayinn express hotel) is currently giving me 0.1mb/s 3G modem gives me 0.9mb/s
    That's enough to post endless drivel in TDP

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    started a topic Hotel WiFi

Hotel WiFi

Why bother

The Cloud (Holidayinn express hotel) is currently giving me 0.1mb/s
    3G modem gives me 0.9mb/s

coughing up for Wifi I just wasted £6.99 for 3 hours worth

Working...
X