• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Ntl

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ntl"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Not with NTL anymore. My experiance was that the billing and customer service depts were useless incompetant trolls, but the service guys who actually fixed stuff were very good indeed.

As an example of the billing depts incompetance - I cancelled my NTL contract when I moved to an area they didnt serve, as per the contract terms. That was 4 years ago, I am still getting letters from debt collection agencies on behalf of NTL because they refuse to recognise that I cancelled the contract legitimately. Every time I challenge it the agencies accept that it's a cock up by NTL never seem to get the message. They didnt even reply when challenged about an entry on my credit history via Experian. At least Experian remove challenged entries by default if the creditor doesnt respond

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    Only the verbal one, ... Moved my TV eligence to Murdock.
    allegiance

Murdoch

Good job it wasn't a written one.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Only the verbal one,

They put up their pricess so I rang them to come and pick up their Digi Box, so the said I could contiune at the current rate "for another year".

Can't prove it and couldn't be arsed to dispute it. Moved my TV eligence to Murdock.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    I was told that!
    They broke the contract then

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    I did ask and it's OK for 12 months
    I was told that!

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Phoenix,

I did this a couple of years back. Watch the bills as the put it up after 6 months, without informing me

I did ask and it's OK for 12 months

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Phoenix,

I did this a couple of years back. Watch the bills as the put it up after 6 months, without informing me

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by G8_Summit

Mr Summit, Again if you surf for your info, what would you expect?
    I negotiated the price on the phone with a Human (Old fashioned I know, but it stilll seems to work) you might want to try it sometime.

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    I got Telewest Telephone, Basic Digital TV and Broadband (just upgraded free to 2G)for £25
    Someones telling porkies ???
    Telewest Broadband - 3 for £28.50 Bundle (for 3 months then £33.99)

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I got Telewest Telephone, Basic Digital TV and Broadband (just upgraded free to 2G)for £25
    not bad for £25 - one off payment I take it.

I don't pay anything for mine....company expense, BB, telephone etc.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by G8_Summit
    I got a flyer through the door yesterday from NTL.

They are doing phone, 512k broadband and basic digital TV for £30.

Now this seems like a good deal to me.

What are the views of the congregation about this deal or NTL in general ???

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    started a topic Ntl

Ntl

I got a flyer through the door yesterday from NTL.

They are doing phone, 512k broadband and basic digital TV for £30.

Now this seems like a good deal to me.

What are the views of the congregation about this deal or NTL in general ???

Working...
X