• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Groundhog day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Groundhog day"

Collapse

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Halcyon View Post
    I've known some permies that live Ground Hog Day

Fixed that for ya!

Also, some of us on the bench...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Diestl View Post
    Or Worse, that was your last day and it became tommorow! They would bring back hanging for that!.
    Mass murder of that lot - no jury would find you guilty.

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I would love to commit mass murder. Prefrably somewhere like the house of commons. But imagine waking up the next day and finding them still alive!
    Or Worse, that was your last day and it became tommorow! They would bring back hanging for that!.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I would love to commit mass murder. Prefrably somewhere like the house of commons. But imagine waking up the next day and finding them still alive!

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Think about it .. No Hangover!.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Halcyon View Post

Fixed that for ya!

According to the director (on the DVD commentary), Phil spent about ten years trapped on that day, although there was originally some idea of having him spend 10,000 years there

I got that from IMDB - I haven't actually listened to the commentary. Does anybody apart from media studies students actually do that? I mean, watching a film, then watching it again while somebody talks all the way through about why it's been done that way? Sounds horrible to me.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 2 November 2009, 02:18.

Leave a comment:

• Halcyon
    replied
    Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    I've known some permies that love Ground Hog Day.

Fixed that for ya!

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    I've known some permies that love Ground Hog Day.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    This is a cracker of a film.

I've seen it plenty of times, but I love it.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    You could come up with increasingly elabrate, strange and painful ways to put gordo out of his misery....

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    started a topic Groundhog day

Groundhog day

I think it would be cool (if not logically possible) to live the same day over and over again for everyone except you and the people you interact with and presumably the people they interact with, with no long term consequences for actions on the previous day. What would you get up to? Would it be for evil or good after the 999th day?

Working...
X