• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Face To Face Interview successes ?"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I have no idea either. But a Boateng I know about
    Here's a clue:

Ozwald Boateng...

At age 23, disillusioned with a mundane job in IT, he set up his own full-time

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I dont have alloys

I'll set em up, you knock em down
    Not since that last visit anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    Originally posted by juststarting View Post
    What is you rate of success with face-to-face interviews ? The statistic for me is appaling - in my 2 years contracting career I have 7 failed face-to-face interviews and not one won. All my contracts were secured over the phone.
    Don't blame yourself, you're just fugly.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Interesting about the advice to take interviews for perm roles you're not interested in - just to keep in practice. The only interviews I've had recently have been telephone interviews. I wonder if it's just folk on the client side "practising" their side of the interviewing process, and there really isn't any work out there? Still, it means I can slop around watching old repeats of UFO and the Sweeney.

Leave a comment:

• slickcontractor
    replied
    Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    Are you unpleasant to look at? Is yous a minger like?

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Contract interviews 100% success rate since 2004!!!!! Had some permie interviews in the same time, first one two were offered even though I kind of took the pi$$ at the second one as they just made me larf. I didn`t take either position in the past, not the right position and preferred contracting. The third one I was not offered because I`ve become so used to being offered every contract and even permie positions I just disappeared up my own ar** and expected to walk in and say "hello, I`m ******, you will offer me the job" while looking at them uri geller style. So I did little research, lost the original job spec so had no idea what they wanted by the interview and was way too relaxed (a good mix of nerves does help sometimes).

YEars ago I was told to blow my own truppet more and sell myself to others. Guess I`ve done that quite well.
    Last edited by SuperZ; 27 October 2009, 14:55.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Yes, that’s the guy, suit lining with very vibrant colours, pink, orange, sky blue etc.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    His shirts and ties are lovely too.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Now I feel stupid. Whats a Botang

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Now I feel stupid. Whats a Botang

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied

I dont have alloys

You should have stayed out of Liverpool

Gooooooollaaaaazo

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    I love hearing this! More contractors that turn up badly dressed the better!

I wear a good conservative suit every single time. Doesn't matter it it's a nu medja outfit sitting on bean bags or an investment bank, I will look smart and be prepared. And it needs to be a good suit, though not too flash, so I avoid Hugo Boss and definitely not Paul Smith or Botang!
    I know a contractor who has been benched 7 months, and does not think his very tight fitting (in some parts) Botang with bright pink shirt is the problem

Can't help some people

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Solution: Just don't home. They'll only nick your alloys anyway.

I dont have alloys

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Now when I go home, they all call me a traitor and a wooly-back-gaylord
    Solution: Just don't home. They'll only nick your alloys anyway.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I knew a scouser who took elocution lessons to avoid precisely that problem.
    A stint in the army, plus working away alot, have taken the edge off my accent.
    You have to talk differently if you want people to understand you. Now when I go home, they all call me a traitor and a wooly-back-gaylord

you just can't win

Leave a comment:

Working...
X