• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oi! Where is this imminent SKA news then?"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Slightly off topic, but can anyone explain to me why a search using SKA on the term "process engineer" brings up nothing htat I can see is connected to those words? Am I so dim that I don't understand what SKA is for or what it is doing? Or is it broken?
    This is SKA: http://www.majesticseo.com/

SKA v2 (full text search) will come out shortly...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    bolleckoids

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Slightly off topic, but can anyone explain to me why a search using SKA on the term "process engineer" brings up nothing htat I can see is connected to those words? Am I so dim that I don't understand what SKA is for or what it is doing? Or is it broken?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by scotspine View Post
    'ska' is a term which goes back a couple of years, back to when it, ska, was in its initial development. it was initially a term invoking fun at the development, but ska's owner seems to have taken it on board and uses it liberally, especially here on the board. to those of us 'in the know', ska is actually quite a visionary product and i think i'm right when i say that all of us here, 'in the know' (prob most of us i'd think by now), wish it every success.

hth
    we all get a gentle ribbing here.
    I would rather lose my left goolie than wish any ill-will to Alexi.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    We'll pick it up once we find backlinks to it ... get linked to well and we'll find it...

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    replied
    so how can i get my plan B sites indexed on the majestic search engine?

are there any 'Majestic Hacks' like including names of squirrels or leaving nuts or something?

TIA.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    'ska' is a term which goes back a couple of years, back to when it, ska, was in its initial development. it was initially a term invoking fun at the development, but ska's owner seems to have taken it on board and uses it liberally, especially here on the board. to those of us 'in the know', ska is actually quite a visionary product and i think i'm right when i say that all of us here, 'in the know' (prob most of us i'd think by now), wish it every success.

hth

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    <sp in scrounge mode>
    quick question...does the parser include a spider?
    <\sp in scrounge mode>
    Nope - crawler is separate, you don't need something like this unless you intend to crawl billions of pages - we are doing now nearly 500 mln per day...

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied

hth
    WHS
    (despite the squirrel obsession )

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    It is an exciting project and I do like hearing about the progress AtW is making. Like may people on here probably, I've listened to Alexei's ramblings for soooo long, it would be nice if the darn thing really took off.

I still don't understand why the search engine doesn't work though.

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    if you know where to search [sic] you can see it now!

Leave a comment:

• Clarky
    replied

hth
    Ah, so not the scooter site I was looking at?

Well, here's to seeing it in the flesh one day!

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

hth
    who would have known that a market exists for selling backlinks
    I wonder how he got the idea

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied

hth

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Squirrels Kiss Alexei

Leave a comment:

Working...
X