• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Configuration Manager - Afghanistan"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    One perk of the job is that you can play minesweeper whilst at work and not get fired on the spot for that...

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    One perk of the job is that you can play minesweeper whilst at work and not get fired on the spot for that...

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Doesn't matter which software you install
    Server will be bombed anyway
    Best keep an off-site backup then. Don't forget the user accounts, that'll be a good chap.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Doesn't matter which software you install
    Server will be bombed anyway

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Be the target of suicide bombings, Boomed!

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    WHS - £20k a week sound reasonable to me. I'd not be doing it for too long, mind.

Yeah I would do it, one condition I login in remotley from UK. do that for 3 years and bingo.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Originally Posted by Naaarwich
    • Maintain a library of physical media and appropriate licenses for all software in use in ISAF AOO;"

Put Enterprise Discovery on the boxes and I'll do it from home thanks!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    At that rate I'd apply like a shot - Most of the area is as safe as houses.
    WHS - £20k a week sound reasonable to me. I'd not be doing it for too long, mind.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I flew my tornado in Afghanistan - almost spilled my pasta, but lucky I got out after being shot down. My medical training came in really useful too, as I had to perform an emergency tracheotomy on some locals to prove that I was trustworthy. So trustworthy, in fact, that they let me marry their daughters. All of them.

Craig.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    head
    Good point. That would be the protective casing for the brain. I would suggest you purchasing something similar sg, but I assume you believe the casing that your walnut came with to be ample protection.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Like anyone from Microsoft is ever going to come round and audit your software licenses.

Seriously though, what an adventure. Some of you younger guys should seriously think about it. I'd go myself, but I have this bone in my leg.
    head

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
    • Maintain a library of physical media and appropriate licenses for all software in use in ISAF AOO;
    Like anyone from Microsoft is ever going to come round and audit your software licenses.

Seriously though, what an adventure. Some of you younger guys should seriously think about it. I'd go myself, but I have this bone in my leg.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    With all the things wrong out there the last thing I would have thought they would have been interested in would have been who put what service pack onto what box.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    At that rate I'd apply like a shot - Most of the area is as safe as houses.

Well fairly safe outside - the insides of houses are the parts that still aren't.
    Working on the concrete sarcophagous that is encasing the nasty bits, I guess you're going to get a pretty good dose of radiation I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    It would take 275 per hour for me to be interested...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X