• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Autumn

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Autumn"

Collapse

• Coalman
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Yes. Westonbirt is lovely. Quite close to where I live so often go for family picknicks there.
    Agree completely. Annual membership, our boys (and dog) love going out there. It's great to visit all year round but is especially good at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Thinking of visiting an arboretum and wondered if anyone has been to one before.
    I go to the Jodrell Bank arboretum a lot (good place for the kids to run around without getting mown down by lorries). Its cool, don't stick to the paths though, go 'sploring offroad and find the planets dotted around the woods.

Best time of year? All seasons really as they all have their own particular charms.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
    Drove down the A34 just South of Oxford the other day (into Bucks I think?) and the trees on the sides of the dual carriageway were stunning...and yes Westonbirt is great (just don't look too silly getting a photo beside the Acers that are red all year round! lol)
    It is pretty impressive around there.

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    Drove down the A34 just South of Oxford the other day (into Bucks I think?) and the trees on the sides of the dual carriageway were stunning...and yes Westonbirt is great (just don't look too silly getting a photo beside the Acers that are red all year round! lol)

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Sunlight is best, you get the best of the colours.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    This place is great: http://www.forestry.gov.uk/westonbirt

It doesn't really mater what time but a bright crisp day is best IMO, take a good camera.
    Yes. Westonbirt is lovely. Quite close to where I live so often go for family picknicks there.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    just before dusk on a clear day you'll get some wonderful light

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Well, maybe.
    They do have a wide variety of deciduous trees as well....

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    Quite keen on Bedgebury Pinetum myself

http://www.bedgeburypinetum.org.uk/
    As most conifers are evergreen, it might not be the best place to see trees in their autumn colours

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Quite keen on Bedgebury Pinetum myself

http://www.bedgeburypinetum.org.uk/

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    This place is great: http://www.forestry.gov.uk/westonbirt

It doesn't really mater what time but a bright crisp day is best IMO, take a good camera.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    started a topic Autumn

Autumn

I love seeing the changing of the season displayed in nature at this time of year.

Thinking of visiting an arboretum and wondered if anyone has been to one before.

If so, when is best to go - early in the morning at dawn - or does it not make much of a difference?

Working...
X