• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Caught up on Peep Show on 4oD last night"

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Mark Corrigan is my image of most posters on this website and his interaction with Dobby reminds me of their flirting with the fembots.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm sure Mitchell is very involved in the writing, no idea if they both are or who else might be.
    But many sketch shows by good writers are crappy. For instance James Cordon is writer on Gavin & Stacey (not everyone's thing but well received) and on the Horne & Cordon sketch show. I think sketch shows are hugely hit-n-miss though, not just for writers but audiences. Little Britain has a huge following but to me it's just the same characters using the same punchline... on the other hand The Fast Show could be accused of doing exactly the same but is great.
    Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain write it. I love it, love it. I also loved Pulling on BBC3 and don't understand why they have canned it.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    A particularly good sample episode.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/p...ow/4od#2922352

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm sure Mitchell is very involved in the writing, no idea if they both are or who else might be.
    But many sketch shows by good writers are crappy. For instance James Cordon is writer on Gavin & Stacey (not everyone's thing but well received) and on the Horne & Cordon sketch show. I think sketch shows are hugely hit-n-miss though, not just for writers but audiences. Little Britain has a huge following but to me it's just the same characters using the same punchline... on the other hand The Fast Show could be accused of doing exactly the same but is great.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Same here - but then I'd rather watch celebrity resurrect my career roller knitting on ice than listen to Chris Moyles who she thinks is some kind of saintly comic genius just because he has made a career out of pretending to be unpleasant.
    can't stand Moyles. I think his radio show is utter garbage. When I was commuting while working in the Uk I'd listen to 5 live for the news and then planet rock for music

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I haven't caught many episodes of the peep show, but anything with David Mitchell in is worth watching.

On an almost unrelated note, does anyone also get a uneasy feeling when they see Greg Davies (as he was just now on Never Mind the Buzzcocks - which I didn't watch incidentally). It's spooky how much he resembles Rik Mayall. A much bigger and unfunny version of Rik Mayall. I thought is was Rik on steroids first time I saw him, except they don't make you taller. Not adults anyway. Spooky. Whooooooeooer. B00!
    That link was blocked here but is he the guy out of the inbetweeners. That's pretty good also. More cringe inducing comedy.

Is this now a thread where we are going to tell everyone else which entertainment we don't like? I'm not so keen on Graham Norton except for his role in Father Ted.
    Can't stand him and thought while he was ok in Father Ted, he was actually probably the worst character in that also. It's a shame the guy who played Ted died as that was a cracking show.

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
    Mitchell and Webb don't write it though, do they? I love Peep Show, but I thought the majority of their own sketch show was about as funny as Hale and Pace.
    According to them they do. I really like both shows. Armstrong and Miller is pretty good but once you have seen episiode 1, all the rest of the shows reuse the same jokes.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
    Mitchell and Webb don't write it though, do they? I love Peep Show, but I thought the majority of their own sketch show was about as funny as Hale and Pace.
    Agree, their Mitchell and Webb thing is utter tulipe. But the Peep Show is

Leave a comment:

• Qdos Contractor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Same here - but then I'd rather watch celebrity resurrect my career roller knitting on ice than listen to Chris Moyles who she thinks is some kind of saintly comic genius just because he has made a career out of pretending to be unpleasant.
    Is this now a thread where we are going to tell everyone else which entertainment we don't like? I'm not so keen on Graham Norton except for his role in Father Ted.

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    Its the best thing these two have ever done.

Cracking stuff.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I haven't caught many episodes of the peep show, but anything with David Mitchell in is worth watching.

On an almost unrelated note, does anyone also get a uneasy feeling when they see Greg Davies (as he was just now on Never Mind the Buzzcocks - which I didn't watch incidentally). It's spooky how much he resembles Rik Mayall. A much bigger and unfunny version of Rik Mayall. I thought is was Rik on steroids first time I saw him, except they don't make you taller. Not adults anyway. Spooky. Whooooooeooer. B00!

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I love the show but my wife hates it - she prefers celebrity resurrect my career roller knitting on ice or whatever bollocks they put on

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I love the show but my wife hates it - she prefers celebrity resurrect my career roller knitting on ice or whatever bollocks they put on

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I bought series 1-5 last year for £15, it's even cheaper now: Bargain.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I think it's a same David gets all the limelight though, he's very funny generally but t'other one is as well IMO.
    As he said on the Unbelievable Truth the other night.... It's his naturally sneeringly sarcastic tone that does it

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Peep Show is one of the few comedy shows that started off brilliant and managed to survive unscathed after the writers got their own sketch show and started appearing on every single comedy quiz show in the land.

I think it's a same David gets all the limelight though, he's very funny generally but t'other one is as well IMO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X