• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""Cervical cancer vaccine may be riskier and more deadly than the cancer""

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I had a polio vaccine again before going to Vietnam, nurse refused to give me a jelly bean, said it was for the kids. Tasted like skunk piss.
    I really don't want more info as to how you can make that comparison...

I'm very pro vaccination and very anti the hysteria creating press, since they created issues over whooping cough and MMR vaccines the really nasty life and permanent health threatening diseases they counter have increased in frequency. The risks of the diseases are far, far greater than any percieved risk stirred up by clueless reporters.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I had a polio vaccine again before going to Vietnam, nurse refused to give me a jelly bean, said it was for the kids. Tasted like skunk piss.
    Last edited by minestrone; 4 October 2009, 20:03.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Does anyone remember the jab (Polio?) you get in your upper arm around the age 11 and which doesn't heal up properly for years? Mine didn't anyway and I've met others that say the same thing.
    TB.

It's a BCG. You keep the scar for life if you're lucky (like me).

You get a polio vaccine on a sugarlump (well used too).

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Does anyone remember the jab (Polio?) you get in your upper arm around the age 11 and which doesn't heal up properly for years? Mine didn't anyway and I've met others that say the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    I have some family experience of side effects of Cervarix, they do not in any way match those suffered by Natalie Morton. Her death seems to have been a sad case of someone who was already so sick that she needed little to provoke an extreme reation.

I will encourage my daughter to have the jab, but I would advise her to wait. There is no need for her to be inoculated in her early teens when her body is growing and flowing with hormones. Oh, and if you do have a reaction to the first jab, do not carry on with the next two.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I refer you to my sig.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    "jag" - you're either Scottish, from Corby, or both
    I'm from Corby, I have no idea where Scotland is.

Jag? I thought everyone said that.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    swine flu jag.
    "jag" - you're either Scottish, from Corby, or both

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I heard on Radio 4 a statement of the post mortem which said she had underlying health problems. The express seems to have papered over this. Newspapers don't do science for two main reasons
    a/ They are never objective
    b/ Most Journalists have no scientific training

Dr Diane Harper doesn't seem so concerned here
    http://dartmed.dartmouth.edu/fall06/...s.php?movie=06

The only concern she may have is the extrapolation of results to pedriaric populations. But then that is a medical decision, most medicines are not tested on children (the population under study was 15+). It's at the discretion of the medical profession(s) to prescribe. Always has been.
    Gf was involved in the trials of the drug and went fruit loop when she seen this, all that work done and some journalists go and piss all over it.

She told a woman with "underlying health problems" to get an appointment for the swine flu jag but her daughter had told her that she was not to take it. Gf was asking if her daugher was a doctor and what reason she had for saying that, "she read it in the paper" was the answer.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Erm????
    I'll take that one. reading and posting on my crappy phone in a car.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I heard on Radio 4 a statement of the post mortem which said she had underlying health problems. The express seems to have papered over this. Newspapers don't do science for two main reasons
    a/ They are never objective
    b/ Most Journalists have no scientific training

Dr Diane Harper doesn't seem so concerned here
    http://dartmed.dartmouth.edu/fall06/...s.php?movie=06

The only concern she may have is the extrapolation of results to pedriaric populations. But then that is a medical decision, most medicines are not tested on children (the population under study was 15+). It's at the discretion of the medical profession(s) to prescribe. Always has been.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 4 October 2009, 11:39.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    "If I had daughters instead of sons I would want to see the science behind the alleged risk before I made a decision to not have them vaccinated. "

Jade Goody?

Erm????

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    "If I had daughters instead of sons I would want to see the science behind the alleged risk before I made a decision to not have them vaccinated. "

Jade Goody?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    What the hell's a jag in relation to an immunisation?

Jab I can understand, Jag makes no sense to me at all.

If I had daughters instead of sons I would want to see the science behind the alleged risk before I made a decision to not have them vaccinated.

It's far too easy for the press to stir up panic over vaccinations with awful side effects.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I wouldn't take the swine flu jag either...
    Would that be a squeal eater Jag?

IGMC

Leave a comment:

Working...
X